Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice! Please help me out!

tag
Twitchrdrm
Regular Contributor

Need advice! Please help me out!

I really hope I can get some advice today since I'm off of work that way I can get whatever needs to be done (according to your advice) today!  Please leave me some feedback/guidance on the info posted I would most certainly appreciate it!

1) I have an old HSBC chargeoff that was paid to collections so I could get approved for a mortgage.  The odd thing is it is reporting paid on my TU but EX and EQ have it showing paid derogatory.  I doubt I can get this deleted but what can I do to get EX and EQ to atleast have it not show as derogatory? I don't understand how one can report it as paid and the other two aren't please help, if I can get this deleted or at least updated this would really help me out.  The acct is from 2007 and I have disputed it many times only to have letters sent back saying it has been "verified" w/ no other info provieded this is so frustrating!!

2) I have an old (2007) credit card that was closed by my employed (I was stupid, I still work for this bank and it was their CC) that was paid off and closed by them but it's still showing the lates payments.  I doubt anything could be done and I don't want to cause any issues since I still work for this bank.  Any chance a goodwill letter will work? I'm afraid because I am still an employee of the bank.

3) I have a lot of inquiries on my 3 reports.  Some are legit, but many of the others were not done by me or initiated on my end.  How can I get those deleted?

4) A paid collection that was deleted from 2/3 bureaus still shows on one of them as paid derogatory.  Any chance I can get it deleted?

I started my clean up process in Feb of 2011 and I have made great strides I have taken my FICO from the upper 500's to the high 600's/700.  I have 4 CC's now that I use responsibly and pay in full monthly and I never get too close to the limit.  I have learned from my mistakes and I am proud of myself.  I just want to improve things even more if I can so please leave me some feedback that way I can crank out letters today and mail them out since I'm off of work today! Thanks in advance and sorry for the whole essay on here.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Need advice! Please help me out!

@Twitchrdrm wrote:

I really hope I can get some advice today since I'm off of work that way I can get whatever needs to be done (according to your advice) today!  Please leave me some feedback/guidance on the info posted I would most certainly appreciate it!

1) I have an old HSBC chargeoff that was paid to collections so I could get approved for a mortgage.  The odd thing is it is reporting paid on my TU but EX and EQ have it showing paid derogatory.  I doubt I can get this deleted but what can I do to get EX and EQ to atleast have it not show as derogatory? I don't understand how one can report it as paid and the other two aren't please help, if I can get this deleted or at least updated this would really help me out.  The acct is from 2007 and I have disputed it many times only to have letters sent back saying it has been "verified" w/ no other info provieded this is so frustrating!! It is reporting correctly, so unsure why you feel it should be changed? All three are reporting it as paid.... The account went into charge-off and was either sold or assigned to a CA. You paid the CA and it has been updated on your reports to reflect that you paid the debt. Just because you pay the debt does not mean the account becomes a good standing account. You can GW the CA and hopefully they will oblige with your request. If not it will stay on your reports for 7-7 1/2 years.

2) I have an old (2007) credit card that was closed by my employed (I was stupid, I still work for this bank and it was their CC) that was paid off and closed by them but it's still showing the lates payments.  I doubt anything could be done and I don't want to cause any issues since I still work for this bank.  Any chance a goodwill letter will work? I'm afraid because I am still an employee of the bank. It is possible it can work if you paid off the debt owed on the CC. The recourse of it being from a bank you work for I am unsure how you should proceed. I would suggest that if you haven't paid off this debt I would make every attempt to pay it off as soon as you can. 

3) I have a lot of inquiries on my 3 reports.  Some are legit, but many of the others were not done by me or initiated on my end.  How can I get those deleted? Who were the INQ's from? Were they from CA's or some other type of legal permissable purpose. If you have no recollection or know why the inquiry is there you can contact the Bank, CA, or whomever made the INQ and ask them why. Then you can ask them to remove if it was done in error. If they had permissable purpose then the INQ will stand and fall off after 2 years.

4) A paid collection that was deleted from 2/3 bureaus still shows on one of them as paid derogatory.  Any chance I can get it deleted? What was the reason it was deleted on the other 2? Did it just fall off? Did you do a PFD? Did you submit a GW? Was it medical? 

I started my clean up process in Feb of 2011 and I have made great strides I have taken my FICO from the upper 500's to the high 600's/700.  I have 4 CC's now that I use responsibly and pay in full monthly and I never get too close to the limit.  I have learned from my mistakes and I am proud of myself.  I just want to improve things even more if I can so please leave me some feedback that way I can crank out letters today and mail them out since I'm off of work today! Thanks in advance and sorry for the whole essay on here.

Congrats on the improvements! Keep up the good work.......

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
Twitchrdrm
Regular Contributor

In regards to number why is it showing Paid and not derogatory on TU but paid derogatory on the other 2? I'm happy that my TU is looking good in regards to that issue but why can't I get paid not derogatory on the other two?

Number has been paid off for at least 2 years. 

Number 3 was for an old cell phone.  I have no idea how it fell off of TU and EX but still shows on EQ, they have been paid off since march...

Anything further you could add would be great! Thanks!!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CRAs do not get to post whatever they feel like on your credit reports.  They can only post what the trade holder reports to them.  So if you have an issue with they way something is posting on your credit report, you need to contact the bank, the collection agency, or whomever is the one reporting it.

You only initiate a dispute with the CRAs when what is posted is incorrect.  Like if they are reporting the wrong balance, or wrong dates, etc.  The CRAs will go to the person reporting it and say “Is what you are reporting accurate?”  Their response cane be a simple “yes” and that’s all the CRA has to do on a dispute.  The CRA is not judge and jury; they will not determine who is right and who is wrong.

So go back to the original creditor and write to them with your request.  Search for goodwill letters (GW) on these boards and read other people experiences on what they have had changed on their credit reports and how they did it.

Credit Reporting Standards are that all derogatory information will remain on your credit reports for 7 years plus 180 days from your date of first delinquency (DOFD).  That is when you missed your first payment and never caught up again.  Even if you paid it off after the account was closed it will remain on your credit reports.  You may be able to get it off if you do a GW letter as I stated above.   

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.