cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice for medical collections

tag
pearl9915

Need advice for medical collections

I have two very recent medical collections reported to the credit bureau and would like to know the best plan of action to get them deleted (if possible).  Foolishly, I did not validate them or go through the HIPAA process because they had not yet been reported and I thought that they would not be if I paid as promised. 

1)  Contract Callers Inc.- I paid this in full on March 23 and the check cleared on March 29.  The rep was very unpleasant because I would not give her cc info to pay by phone but as I told her I would, I did mail the check the very next morning.  On May 30 I received an alert that they had reported.

2)  Hollis Cobb Associates- I began paying them on March 20 and have paid as agreed on the 20th of each month and I was alerted on June 6 that they had reported. 

Any suggestions for these situations???

Thanks!!!!!!! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need advice for medical collections

You can try the HIPAA process but I don't know if it will work, for the paid one.  Or a GW letter.

For the one you are making payments on ask for a PFD.

Message 2 of 5
pearl9915

Sorry, just getting back to this response...and thanks I'll try your suggestions!!!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone ever get anywhere with getting Hollis Cobb removed from their credit?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
pearl9915

Hollis Cobb actually removed the collection from my credit report without my request maybe 3 or 4 months after I finished paying the debt.  Good luck!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.