Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on CA/CRA

tag
aerochick31093
Valued Member

Need advice on CA/CRA

Hi Smiley Happy I had a collection account with a CA for a cable bill that I paid in full and was told it would be deleted. I have a few emails from the rep I was talking to confirming this. It was only showing on my EX report and was deleted as I was told it would be but it popped up on EQ and TU about 2 weeks later. I emailed the lady that I had been talking to and she promptly replied, apologized and gave me the confirmation #  for the CRA for the request for deletion. EQ deleted a few days later but it is still showing on TU. She sent me the confirmation# on April 21st. Should I give it more time for TU to delete or should I inquire with TU and give them the confirmation number that I was given?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need advice on CA/CRA

CRAs get credit reporting from the credtiors and debt collectors.  While they may listen to a consumer, it is much better to have the reporting directly from the criditor or debt collectors.  Their reporting is just entered without question or investigation on their part.

I would have the CA contact the CRA directly.  I see no reason to make you a middle-man in a simple process

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.