Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on CBE Group

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice on CBE Group

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I don't know if I'm posting in the correct spot and I'm hoping I can figure out how to see the replies after this posted.  

Quick review. I pay all my bills on time untill I was out of work for surgery. I was out for about 4 months a year ago my work wouldnt pay me (currently in a law suit with them)however I have a verizon wireless account. With 3 line. When I had no mkney coming in I couldnt afford to pay my 4 months at about 250 a month. During this time my renewal of contract was up. I declined and ccanceled the service. I requested they send me a bill. When I recieved my bill it was 900 dollars more. Cancelation fee of 300 per line. I tried to correct this at the time and had no luck. Now a few months later I am finally in a spot to pay what I owe. I want to pay my bill but I dont not agree with the extra 900 bucks billed to me. 

I currently looking purchase a home. My financial advisor said to pay the past due balance to start. Totaling almost 300. When I called verizon to take care of this they directed me to CBE GROUP. I explained the extra charges to them and they dropped the 900 leaving my balance at what I actually owe. 

Good for me! But..... when I asked them to please send verification of them dropping the balance. They said no. They said if I pay monthly I will recive updated statements from them which will show it. But I want to pay the balance in full. They said the only thing they do is send verification to a lender that the account has been satisfied should I be in the process of buying a home. Why cant they send that too me?  I also asked them if settling the amount will show up on my cresit as settled. They said no (currently on my report only as verizon) they said they are a in house collection and Verizon does the reporting ans after I pay them I have to call Verizon for receipt that its paid. Then why not just pay verizon? 

I did not pay anything yet. I did not give over any info other then my phone number. I dont mind them calling. I want to pay this. But I just want proof in writting what they are agreeing to. I want it fast. Even by fax would be good. 

I just want a fax with the agreement that the amount currently is due and will satisfy the debt in full. Reporting as paid in full or deleted completely upon payment. They are holding the agreed amount until 7/16 they said after that it goes to another agency.

HELP! I don't know what to do. They said ill receipt from my bank that I paid them. To me that is not good enough.

thanks so much for reading and im looking forward to any responses.

op, I started a new thread for better exposure . ~Lexie

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need advice on CBE Group

Try Verizon again. See if they actually still "own" the debt. Paying the Original Creditors is always best. If not, you may have to trust, which is always hard with a debt collector.

And if it does go to another collection agency, there will be a "brief" moment that this bill is not in anyone's hands and back to the Verizon, which could be your best moment to pay this bill.

Ask Verizon to recall if anything. Then the debt collector has to delete their trade line I "believe".

If you speak to CBE again ask for a PFD "exclusively" and see to your results.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.