cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on Rebuilding credit and some questions on about my current accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice on Rebuilding credit and some questions on about my current accounts

I understand I have a long road to recovery. I still have 3-4 years before my report is fully wiped clean.

Questions:

Should I go into a gardening stage and work on getting rid of the collections?

nrewards- Mine has not graduated and I have heavily used it, and also have it report $0 What can I do?

Cap1 Credit steps - im set for the increase in about 2 months. I have used and PIF before close date. Should i let a balance report ?

Current Credit Profile

UTL – 5%

QS 2250 limit 400 Balance – (10-year-old account with 180 days late) lates should drop in 2-3 years

AMEX NPSL – AU

Cap1 platinum 500 limit – Set to increase with credit steps to $750 in March

NFCU Nrewards 500 limit – It’s been about 7 months and no conversion has happened.

Overstock 2100 limit – CLI every 3 months

Wayfair 2350 limit – CLI every 3 months

Ulta 400 limit

Express 500 Limit

5 Fully paid off Car loans.

*I defaulted with a NFCU for 7,100 which was PIF

Baddies: All the original accounts for the collections are still reporting as charged off or closed will drop in 2023

Collections (all set to drop 2023-2024):

Portfolio Recovery: 11,167

Midland Funding:7,750

Cach LLC: 4,654

Portfolio Recovery: 3,591

Midland Funding: 3,311

Midland Funding: 3,241

Midland Funding: 3,172

Cavalry Port: 1,940

TU: 623

EX: 589

EQ: 582

I look forward to hearing out the advice from the community. I have followed for years. 2019- 2020 i have taken upon my self to fix my credit and get back to where i was about 10 years ago. I took an app spree, which lead to new credit card to help with my UTL. But ready to just take a break and tackle on the major issues.

7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Need advice on Rebuilding credit and some questions on about my current accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand I have a long road to recovery. I still have 3-4 years before my report is fully wiped clean.

Questions:

Should I go into a gardening stage and work on getting rid of the collections? Yep

nrewards- Mine has not graduated and I have heavily used it, and also have it report $0 What can I do? Not much for now.

Cap1 Credit steps - im set for the increase in about 2 months. I have used and PIF before close date. Should i let a balance report ?

Current Credit Profile

UTL – 5%

QS 2250 limit 400 Balance – (10-year-old account with 180 days late) lates should drop in 2-3 years

AMEX NPSL – AU

Cap1 platinum 500 limit – Set to increase with credit steps to $750 in March

NFCU Nrewards 500 limit – It’s been about 7 months and no conversion has happened.

Overstock 2100 limit – CLI every 3 months

Wayfair 2350 limit – CLI every 3 months

Ulta 400 limit

Express 500 Limit

5 Fully paid off Car loans.

*I defaulted with a NFCU for 7,100 which was PIF

Baddies: All the original accounts for the collections are still reporting as charged off or closed will drop in 2023

Collections (all set to drop 2023-2024):

Portfolio Recovery: 11,167

Midland Funding:7,750

Cach LLC: 4,654

Portfolio Recovery: 3,591

Midland Funding: 3,311

Midland Funding: 3,241

Midland Funding: 3,172

Cavalry Port: 1,940

TU: 623

EX: 589

EQ: 582

I look forward to hearing out the advice from the community. I have followed for years. 2019- 2020 i have taken upon my self to fix my credit and get back to where i was about 10 years ago. I took an app spree, which lead to new credit card to help with my UTL. But ready to just take a break and tackle on the major issues.

What you have now is enough to build on. Fixing the past will help the future. Midland and Portfolio will delete after settled or PIF if they are more than 2 yrs old. Out of all your cards only have 1 report <8.9%. Do all the charge offs show a $0 balance which means they were sold to a CA? Ant open installment loans? Please use the default font size.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice on Rebuilding credit and some questions on about my current accounts

Thank you for the prompt reply.

All the charge offs except for 2 show closed with $0 balance. No open installment loans. Only Federal School loans.

Would it be easier to negotiate the the charge offs with balances first then move on to the Collections ?

Message 3 of 8
satio
Frequent Contributor

What are the two charge off accounts that are still open with the original creditors and what is their respective balances and original credit limits?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

bloomingdales limit 1000 balance 1282

best buy limit 300 balance 595

both closed and charged off

Message 5 of 8
jons998877
Regular Contributor

So you are looking at about $41K in bad debt...

To me, you need to look at your income and decide if you can pay those off in fairly short order.. I wouldn't pay any of them until I think that is possible, very little difference in your credit score if you can only pay off a couple... Whats the SOL in your state??? Or do you already have judements against you for any of them???

Begin of Journey ( 9/2018) EX 508 TU 506 EQ 498

Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Two ways to look at it. The charge off status with $0 balance wont change a score. The CO's with a balance is counted against your aggregate util %. So paying those off or settled will help and that will affect your score some but not a lot. I'd call Portfolio,Midland and Calvary and come to a settlement with them to pay all those CA's and then they will be deleted from your reports. That will leave 2 CA's. Then work on them and ask for a PFD.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,

I was thinking, the NFCU Nrewards hasnt converted and wont convert unti the CA's are removed. Should i just close it, and keep the other cards that have a sufficient unsecured limit?

I can use the secured deposit to pay off a CA or CO with balance.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.