Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on a new medical equipment collection

tag
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

Need advice on a new medical equipment collection

I just found out that there are 2 new collections reporting to all 3 CR's since my bk discharged last Aug. The accounts are both with the same OC and the same CA bought both accounts. One is for a wheelchair and the other is for a walker that I got the about 2 weeks after I filed BK in May of 2013 and to my knowledge, they were covered by my insurance. Unfortunately, the insurance did not pay and now they have turne them over to a CA. I do NOT have the money to satisfy these 2 debts, one is for $1100, the other is for $180. The OC is a small edical supply company and they hired a CA to collect on the account for them. This is my question.........

If I contact the OC and explain the situation, is it possible for them to remove the account from the CA, have it removed from my credit, and make payment arrangements with me to pay these off $25 a month, until paid in full?

I am disabled and on a fixed income and do not now, nor will I ever have th means to pay these off in one shot. I also would not even consider paying them at all, unless I am assured they will be removed from my CR's. The insurance was supposed to pay for them and I never would have even bothered going to this place if not. I would have bought them from Walmart for 1/5th what this place charges.

Can anyone give me any advice? My scores dropped about 45 points across the board the day these hit my reports. Is the damage done at this point and will my credit continue to get better as time passes and these age?

Would contacting the OC make sense, since I would assume due to their small size that they assigned this debt to the CA, rather than sold it for pennies on the dollar?

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.