cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on how to raise my credit score.

FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Re: Need advice on how to raise my credit score.

To echo on @Birdman7 . If they are spread out. They will fall one at a time. If they are in a row. When the 1st once ages. They all fall at once. But 30's loss most of the ding after a couple yrs. I had 1 late fall off in April 4 months early. I got 0 pts for it. But the BK may have overruled any gains. But its a tiny example that 30 day lates really dont hit you much towards the end.

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 11 of 12
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: Need advice on how to raise my credit score.

Actually, it depends on the bureau how the strings fall is my understanding. From the Scoring Primer at Post 7 giving attribution for footnote 1 in the text:

Aging delinquency strings versus monthlies:

Attribution for: "...Experian...excludes...delinquencies in a common “string”...at 7 years from [DOFD]...The other two CRAs have no official, published policy interpretation, and have...excluded based on [DOFD] OR have treated each...delinquency as its own separate adverse item of information, and thus have not excluded...until each has reached...7 years..."

[1]. RobertEG Jan 2020, Permalink.

So, I guess it depends, YMMV.

-Scoring wisdom: Credit Scoring Primer, Payment History, Amount of Debt, Length of History/New Credit, Mix/Disputes/Freezes/Searches, Mortgage Scores/Negative Reason Codes/V.9, Helpful Links,
Anonymous’s Reason Statements Thread,
iv's friendly statement to reason statement concordance,

ccquest’s Workbook to calculate metrics.
Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Revolver - 8,9; Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account - 5/4/2.
Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.