cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on how to raise my credit score.

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Need advice on how to raise my credit score.

To echo on @Anonymous . If they are spread out. They will fall one at a time. If they are in a row. When the 1st once ages. They all fall at once. But 30's loss most of the ding after a couple yrs. I had 1 late fall off in April 4 months early. I got 0 pts for it. But the BK may have overruled any gains. But its a tiny example that 30 day lates really dont hit you much towards the end.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice on how to raise my credit score.

Actually, it depends on the bureau how the strings fall is my understanding. From the Scoring Primer at Post 7 giving attribution for footnote 1 in the text:

Aging delinquency strings versus monthlies:

Attribution for: "...Experian...excludes...delinquencies in a common “string”...at 7 years from [DOFD]...The other two CRAs have no official, published policy interpretation, and have...excluded based on [DOFD] OR have treated each...delinquency as its own separate adverse item of information, and thus have not excluded...until each has reached...7 years..."

[1]. RobertEG Jan 2020, Permalink.

So, I guess it depends, YMMV.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.