cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice re: Medical CO from CA that violated FDCPA

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TO fused or Happy Days: Need advice re: Medical CO from CA that violated FDCPA

Wait for EQ and TU to complete their investigations before doing anything else. Is this a paid or unpaid collection? If unpaid, can you PIF? If paid, who did you pay and when? Has the CA sent you an accurate and complete validation of the debt since TU received your pre-HIPAA dispute letter?
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TO fused or Happy Days: Need advice re: Medical CO from CA that violated FDCPA

Hi fused!

Debt is unpaid and I can PIF.  

To recap, UCI Med Ctr sent first bill 15 mos. after lab tests.  I requested an itemization of services.  Never received a response.  Did not know it had been turned over to a CA until I saw on credit report.  I disputed to all 3 CRAs on basis that CA violated FDCPA.  EX and TU responded that charge was verified and would remain.  I then sent pre-HIPAA letters to all 3 - per your advice.  EX has responded again that it is verified. 

I will await responses from TU and EQ and post when received.  

I have never heard or received ONE WORD from the CA regarding this matter.  I also filed a complaint with the FTC, but have had no response from them either.  

Meanwhile, I hurry up and wait :-) 

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now received responses to my pre-HIPAA letters from all 3 CRAs

From EQEQ verified that this item belongs to youIf you have additional questions about this item please contactCalifornia Business Bureau (CA) with address listing

From TUVerified, no change

From EXWe have already investigated this information and the credit grantor has verified its accuracyPlease refer to the personal credit report you received for the name, phone # and address of the credit grantor who verified this information.  

I have still not had ANY response from the CA nor the FTCThe provider, UCI Med Ctr, never responded to my request for an itemized statementBill is still unpaid and I can PIF.  

Please advise as to the next letter I should send.  

I am grateful for your advice!  

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump2
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to keep "bumping"!  I'm wondering if fused may be out of town...???? 

Does anyone else know if I should be sending a letter to CA or OC next??  

Thanks!!!

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is reporting?   If not the OC  who how did you find out that the account was sold by the OC?     This may be important!!!

I can't answer you right now. Fused and I need to discuss this.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 11-01-2008 11:15 PM
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding Happy Days! 

The CA is reporting the CO.  CA has NEVER contacted me regarding it - either by phone or mail.  If they had I would have informed them that the provider, UCI Medical Center, waited until 2/5/08 to bill me for services provided on 11/2/06. The bill was for several different blood tests; however it only stated “Laboratory and Clinical Services” in the bill description. I wrote to UCI and requested an itemization of each charge on 2/21/08. I never received a response. They apparently turned it over to a CA immediately after receiving my letter. The CA didn’t bother to contact me and just reported the account as a CO to all three CRAs. 

I sent pre-HIPAA letters to the CRAs and all three have responded that the debt was verified and told me to contact the CA for additional information.  

Bill is still unpaid and I can PIF - but I would still like an itemized statement and I would like to see that CA doesn't get away with violating the FDCPA.  

Please let me know the next letter that I should send.  

Thanks again for the invaluable advice!  

Message Edited by Georgifornia on 11-03-2008 11:54 AM
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Happy Days,

Don't mean to rush you..... but please let me know when you've had a chance to discuss my situation with fused.  I don't know if I should be sending a DV letter to the CA or OC since CA has never contacted me and the OC failed to respond to my initial request for an itemized statement. 

THANKS!!!

Message Edited by Georgifornia on 11-06-2008 02:46 PM
Message 19 of 28
fused
Moderator Emeritus

For now let's just focus on the HIPAA process only and worry about FCRA and FACTA later. I assume you have not sent a DV to the CA?
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.