Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need collection advice, please help

tag
dilligaf_racing
New Contributor

Need collection advice, please help

Hi, Im fairly new to Fico Forums. I've been doing some good reading here and have been inspired by some of you, and would like to get a few collection accounts taken care of. Here is what I have. Medical collection for 100$ West asset mgmt from 7/6/06 I have a collection from an apartment complex for 100$ from 7/07, and I have a collection for 206 from the fire department which was a ambulance ride. Is that considered a medical collection? My questions are, should I write letters to the OC? I went to the apartment complex and asked if they would accept the payment right now if they delete from my credit, but they instantly gave up and said "because it already went to collections you have to call them or pay them". I think they could easily call the CA and have it removed, please let me know your thoughts or what angle to approach this one next. I paid the hospital today, the woman said they would take it off my credit, I hope I did the right thing. That account is on my credit from a CA. I did not pay or talk to the CA. What would be the next step to take in getting it removed. I dont want to just take her word. Thanks everybody if you can shed some light. Eq 565 Tu 567 Ex 581
Fico's TU 613, EQ591, EX615
10-3-08
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need collection advice, please help

For the medical bills...use the Hipaa process...

Have you tried to contact the apartment complex...and see if they will acept payment...and pull the account out of collections???...if they say you have to deal with the Ca...DV the CA...if they verify...offer a PFD...what is the DOFD???..and are you within SOL???...
Message 2 of 8
dilligaf_racing
New Contributor

Yes, I went there in person and they said since its already in collections i have to deal with them. The DOFD was 7/07. I asked to pay in full. Should I write them a letter? I have not talked to the CA.
10-3-08
Message 3 of 8
dilligaf_racing
New Contributor

Would a collection from the fire dept be considered a medical collection and handled with the HIPAA process? It was for an ambulance ride.
10-3-08
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV the CA...if they verify...send them a OFD letter...but are you within SOL????...that's the most importnant thing...apartment complexes are known for suing...and the last thing you want is a judgment on your reports...
Message 5 of 8
dilligaf_racing
New Contributor

How can I find out the SOL, it went on my credit report 11-07. and the CA is Hunter Warfield. The apartment complex said that since its in collections they wont take payment. I will DV the CA right away, then offer PFD. sound right? Can you check that link for the whychat hipaa. It wasnt working for me.
10-3-08
Message 6 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Leahgemin: I have started a new thread so others can assist you.

Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

bump
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.