cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need emergency loan to repair car with bad credit - Is this impossible?

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Need emergency loan to repair car with bad credit - Is this impossible?

@jg1983 wrote:

I signed up for the credit check total $1 deal and it says my Eperian score is 536 and my other two scores are both 513. According to that site they are all FICO 8 scores. Is the $1 deal just a trial that goes up in price if you don't cancel or is it always $1? This site seems way better than Credit Karma. Now that you guys know my scores can you think of any loan options for me or am I still out of luck?

write them an email and cancel now - you have 9 days to do it.  your scores are low for sure.  is there a wf branch local to you?  this is one of those time that a face to face might be better.  tough situation but you seem to have your wits about you so I believe you will prevail somehow

Message 21 of 48
jg1983
Regular Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@jg1983 wrote:

I signed up for the credit check total $1 deal and it says my Eperian score is 536 and my other two scores are both 513. According to that site they are all FICO 8 scores. Is the $1 deal just a trial that goes up in price if you don't cancel or is it always $1? This site seems way better than Credit Karma. Now that you guys know my scores can you think of any loan options for me or am I still out of luck?

write them an email and cancel now - you have 9 days to do it.  your scores are low for sure.  is there a wf branch local to you?  this is one of those time that a face to face might be better.  tough situation but you seem to have your wits about you so I believe you will prevail somehow

There is a WF branch about an hour from here but my loan is through Wells Fargo Dealer Services and I don't think think think the WF branches can do anything with my loan. I don't think this will be an optioin but what if I find a co-signer with decent credit?

I am thinking about of the opton of parking the car and buying a beater but all my money right now needs to go towards getting my wife and step son to the US. The clock doesn't start ticking on the visa process for them until I pay all the fees. This all couldn't have happened at a worse time. Once I get some overtime at work things will be easier (assuming I have a car to get there). I am told there will be a lot of overtime in a few weeks but where I work you never know what is going to happen. I am still hoping someone will come along with an idea no one else has thought of but that is unlikely at this point.

Message 22 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo is not nice IME about removing lates. I had been trying to pay everything faithfully on time when I traded in my car and bought a new one, both Wells Fargo finances. The dealer took so long to send my money in, I rolled into the 30 day backet. Luckily Equifax and Transunion both obliged when I provided documentation and took the late off but it's still on Experian. If not for that, I'd have no lates for almost 2 years.

Message 23 of 48
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@jg1983 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@jg1983 wrote:

There is a WF branch about an hour from here but my loan is through Wells Fargo Dealer Services and I don't think think think the WF branches can do anything with my loan. I don't think this will be an optioin but what if I find a co-signer with decent credit?

I am thinking about of the opton of parking the car and buying a beater but all my money right now needs to go towards getting my wife and step son to the US. The clock doesn't start ticking on the visa process for them until I pay all the fees. This all couldn't have happened at a worse time. Once I get some overtime at work things will be easier (assuming I have a car to get there). I am told there will be a lot of overtime in a few weeks but where I work you never know what is going to happen. I am still hoping someone will come along with an idea no one else has thought of but that is unlikely at this point.

Try gofundme to get your wife and stepson to the US or maybe even car repairs!!!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 24 of 48
jg1983
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wells Fargo is not nice IME about removing lates. I had been trying to pay everything faithfully on time when I traded in my car and bought a new one, both Wells Fargo finances. The dealer took so long to send my money in, I rolled into the 30 day backet. Luckily Equifax and Transunion both obliged when I provided documentation and took the late off but it's still on Experian. If not for that, I'd have no lates for almost 2 years.

So a goodwill letter is a waste of time? What happened was I made my payment on their website a day before the 30 day mark and it took a few days to process. Should I dispute this with the credit agencies directly? I already have the dispute letters written and ready to mail out for my credit card account late marks. If I can get these 2 things removed from my credit I wonder how much my score will go up. Maybe enough to get a loan to fix my car a month or 2 down the road.

Message 25 of 48
jg1983
Regular Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

@jg1983 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@jg1983 wrote:

Try gofundme to get your wife and stepson to the US or maybe even car repairs!!!

I tried gofundme to try to help my sister in law with medical bills but it didn't work too well. Maybe I didn't get the word out enough about it or did somethign else wrong.

Message 26 of 48
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

You need to hit $500+ before your page becomes public on that site. 

Message 27 of 48
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Message 28 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jg1983 wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@jg1983 wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

The only real loophole I can figure you might have a chance with is IF...stressing IF here... The recall repair requirement prior to resell of a vehicle by a dealership has been made law (I'm not sure, nor do I know where you live, so you're going to have to look this up). If so...check for recalls, and then use your carfax, or whatever report to verify it was corrected. If it's law, and it's not corrected, then you've got a solid rebuttal....

http://www.nhtsa.gov/Vehicle+Safety/Recalls+&+Defects/recall-vin-search

The only recall on my car is for the airbags which the dealership will be fixing for me. The oil passage issue is widely known but Chrysler wont own up to it so I'm out of luck. I even called Chrysler directly to see what they could do and they offered no help.

Too bad you are not the original owner, it had a lifetime powertrain warranty, but was non transferrable. This is no help to you though, and I really wish someone would come up with a solution to your problem.

The only other option is let the car sit in the driveway for a few months while I save up for repairs and buy a cheap beater car to use in the mean time. Only problm is my car is awd and I need awd or 4wd with the winter coming up where I live or there will be days i wont be able to leave the house. Right now I have a loaner from the dealership which i am going to try to hold onto for another week or 2 while I have them fix the airbags. After that things are going to get a little sketchy. The whole reason i took out a loan for a car is so i would have something reliabe and that didn't work out too well.

OP - not to kick you when you are down, but WHY on this planet would you buy a Chrysler 200 if you wanted something reliable..? Did you do any research on this at all before making the purchase..? A Camry.. Altima..Accors would have been the way to go

Message 29 of 48
jg1983
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jg1983 wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@jg1983 wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

The only real loophole I can figure you might have a chance with is IF...stressing IF here... The recall repair requirement prior to resell of a vehicle by a dealership has been made law (I'm not sure, nor do I know where you live, so you're going to have to look this up). If so...check for recalls, and then use your carfax, or whatever report to verify it was corrected. If it's law, and it's not corrected, then you've got a solid rebuttal....

http://www.nhtsa.gov/Vehicle+Safety/Recalls+&+Defects/recall-vin-search

The only recall on my car is for the airbags which the dealership will be fixing for me. The oil passage issue is widely known but Chrysler wont own up to it so I'm out of luck. I even called Chrysler directly to see what they could do and they offered no help.

Too bad you are not the original owner, it had a lifetime powertrain warranty, but was non transferrable. This is no help to you though, and I really wish someone would come up with a solution to your problem.

The only other option is let the car sit in the driveway for a few months while I save up for repairs and buy a cheap beater car to use in the mean time. Only problm is my car is awd and I need awd or 4wd with the winter coming up where I live or there will be days i wont be able to leave the house. Right now I have a loaner from the dealership which i am going to try to hold onto for another week or 2 while I have them fix the airbags. After that things are going to get a little sketchy. The whole reason i took out a loan for a car is so i would have something reliabe and that didn't work out too well.

OP - not to kick you when you are down, but WHY on this planet would you buy a Chrysler 200 if you wanted something reliable..? Did you do any research on this at all before making the purchase..? A Camry.. Altima..Accors would have been the way to go

First of all its a 300 not a 200. Secondly as I said before where I live the roads are so bad in the winter I need something with awd or 4wd or there will be days I am going nowhere. I live in an area where it takes plows a couple days to work there way out here after bad snow storms.

Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.