Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need guidance

tag
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Need guidance

Ok, so I worked for a year and got my score from 600 to 650 and 665. Then, I had to max out my mattress card and buy a new car. As a result, I went down to 630. I was told my score will go up 2 points a month or something as this car loan helps me. Thing is, do I need to get my Util down to 10% in order for the car loan to start affecting me ion a positive way?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need guidance

Wow, not one reply?

Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@ando35 wrote:

Ok, so I worked for a year and got my score from 600 to 650 and 665. Then, I had to max out my mattress card and buy a new car. As a result, I went down to 630. I was told my score will go up 2 points a month or something as this car loan helps me. Thing is, do I need to get my Util down to 10% in order for the car loan to start affecting me ion a positive way?

You took an initial hit with the Inq and a hit on your AAoA with the posting of the new car loan. Those hits will diminish quickly with a little aging.  The max out on the mattress card will affect your score.  Once you pay down your util your score will rebound. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.