Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help Score confusion

tag
Covenant
Established Member

Need help Score confusion

I have been a true credit customer for years. I found out that true credit scores where fako scores a year ago. I kept the site to keep me updated as to any changes or alerts on my credit report. I spent time browsing the web and found out that if you take your true credit score and multiply it by .086 that would give you a true credit score. Making it a goal to rebuild my credit I wanted to find out what my true credit score is, so many Bloggers sent me to My Fico.com. I joined right away and now am more confused then ever. My calculations on my scores are so mind blowing. Here we go.

True Credit Fako Scores

TU 708 x .086 = 608

EX 690 x .086 = 593

EQ 686 x .086 = 589

MY Fico.com

TU 698

EQ 648

After see in this I then signed on to the Experian web site and ordered my scores from them one time charge 3 in one

TU 601

EX 601

EQ 598

Can someone please help. Every blog and credit forum site I have visited in this rebuilding process tells me MyFico.com is as close as you will get to a true credit score. But now on here I see the way the scores or algorithm (SP) are calculated makes me even more confused. I don't want a hard inquiry pulled because I have shied away from that for years to eliminated my scores dropping. This is my first time in a forum such as this asking this type of question. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
chasmith
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help Score confusion

The FICO scores from Fair Isaac are what almost all lenders use.  There can be different FICO scores (auto enhanced for example).  But the only way to truly see what your lender is likely to see is a FICO score.

The FAKOs methodologies are all different.  So even when you adjust for the different range,one score in no way predicts another.  When all the reporting is the same I see the same score on all three reports in my USAA report but that's because it's the Experian methodology applied to all three.  My TU FAKOs are different on Credit Karma.

I've used the USAA 3-report service with daily pulling to watch my report details.  I try to ignore their scores because they are FAKO (powered by Experian).  I also have EQ Scorewatch through NFCU, I get alerts when my EQ FICO score changes, and I can see my TU FICO score monthly because I have a Walmart Discover card.  Experian doesn't allow sale of their FICO score to consumers, the only way to get it is through a lender or by joining a Credit Union in Pennsylvania.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@chasmith wrote:

The FICO scores from Fair Isaac are what almost all lenders use.  There can be different FICO scores (auto enhanced for example).  But the only way to truly see what your lender is likely to see is a FICO score.

The FAKOs methodologies are all different.  So even when you adjust for the different range,one score in no way predicts another.  When all the reporting is the same I see the same score on all three reports in my USAA report but that's because it's the Experian methodology applied to all three.  My TU FAKOs are different on Credit Karma.

I've used the USAA 3-report service with daily pulling to watch my report details.  I try to ignore their scores because they are FAKO (powered by Experian).  I also have EQ Scorewatch through NFCU, I get alerts when my EQ FICO score changes, and I can see my TU FICO score monthly because I have a Walmart Discover card.  Experian doesn't allow sale of their FICO score to consumers, the only way to get it is through a lender or by joining a Credit Union in Pennsylvania.

+1

Ignore the FAKO scores from TrueCredit, I also have a service that I believe is powered by TrueCredit as well (They show up as TC on my EQ soft pulls) and they are all off.  High on my EX, low on my EQ, very low on my TU.  There is no magic formula to take a FAKO and make it a FICO.

At first I had no idea what that .86 thing meant, but in taking a quick look, I can assume what people are saying, is that you can make your VantageScore (A proprietary score almost never used by lenders, but marketed by the CRAs) more equivalent to the FICO scale.  Vantage has a maximum score of 990, FICO has a max of 850.  If you multiply 990 by .86 it will give you about 850.  This still doesn't really make for a useful score, but at least that should explain what people are talking about.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately the scores from Experian are Fakos too.  Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.