cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help.. WF trying to pull a quick one.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help.. WF trying to pull a quick one.

Hi all. I need some input to what action I should take if any.  I have a WellsFargo CC account that was included in a CH13 back in 2001. DOFD is 12/2001. Current status just changed a few days ago from INB CH-13 to charge off. Why? My CH13 was discharged and PIF on 11/2005. Why did Wells change the status to charge-off just a few days ago? Why does it say 'Date Major Delinq reported: 05/2008?  Please help...

Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Current Status: CHARGE-OFF,    Account Owner: Individual Account.  High Credit: $10,444  
Type of Account : Revolving Credit Limit: $10,000       Term Duration:  Terms Frequency: Monthly (due every month) 
Date Opened: 2000/11,  Balance: $9,888   Date Reported: 05/2008  Amount Past Due: $9,888  Date of Last Payment: 11/2005 
Actual Payment Amount: $0   Scheduled Payment Amount: $0   Date of Last Activity: N/A  

Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 05/2008          Months Reviewed: N/A  Creditor Classification:   Activity Description: N/A  Charge Off Amount: $0   Deferred Payment Start Date:   Balloon Payment Amount: $0   Balloon Payment Date:   Date Closed:  
Type of Loan: Credit Card,    Date of First Delinquency: 12/2001   

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: Need help.. WF trying to pull a quick one.

did you recently attempt to dispute this with them or CRA?

When an account is under dispute, the CRA usually opens it up for the duration of the investigation.
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did recently dispute this with the CRA due to the DOFD was off by 2 months. It may still be under dispute. I just happen to notice this changed today, versus my copy of EQ two days ago showing the current status as 'Wage Earner Plan.'
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did you dispute on the account?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone at Wells is playing games. The status was changed again today 05/23/08 from: Charge off to: Bad Debt; placed for collection; skip.  So we went from:

5/21/08: included in CH13 Wage Earner Plan

05/22/08: Changed to Charge off

05/23/08: Placed for Collection, Skip.

What's next? This was discharged in BK13 11/2005. DOFD: 11/2001.  Why does this keep changing? Only thing I did was dispute the DOFD date, because it was off by 2 months. I did this 2 weeks ago.

weird...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.