Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help getting back on track

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help getting back on track

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no idea as well but it's been almost 4 years and still have it .....at times throughout the year Santander sends me letters saying to call to resolve the issue but at the time when I was not working I would just ignore them but now I'm waiting to get one to call them but if I do what's a good amount to offer to settle with them?

I'm not versed enough in repossessions to help here. I believe though you should put all your finances in order and as suggested before, pay off all your collections or chargeoffs prior to getting a mortgage. Personally, I'd also make sure to have sufficient cushion in savings prior to getting a mortgage. 

The $706 is the most recent one and should be fairy easy for you to resolve it. I'll continue with the other two and try to do PFD (Pay for Delete) to get those collections removed. As for the $12,000 charge off on the loan vehicle, that should have triggered a repossession so I'm not sure how to handle that one since it's been 4 years since you stopped paying it. 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no idea as well but it's been almost 4 years and still have it .....at times throughout the year Santander sends me letters saying to call to resolve the issue but at the time when I was not working I would just ignore them but now I'm waiting to get one to call them but if I do what's a good amount to offer to settle with them?

If this auto loan was from Santander, you need to see if your state was included in the class action suit. If so, I believe there are some excellent benefits, like balance forgiveness and/or removal of TL from CRs.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I did not know that in regards to the settlement and yes my state is part of that as well 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.