Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on fraud alert

tag
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Need help on fraud alert

I found out 3 days ago Equifax said "I" put a Fraud alert on my credit file. I contacted my advocate and she removed it. I received via mail a letter from Experian and TU that Equifax notified them and they also put a fraud alert on my report.

Will Equifax notify them that I disputed the fraud alert or do I have to contact Experian and TU also? WTH? Grrrr
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help on fraud alert

@Drsgwld wrote:
I found out 3 days ago Equifax said "I" put a Fraud alert on my credit file. I contacted my advocate and she removed it. I received via mail a letter from Experian and TU that Equifax notified them and they also put a fraud alert on my report.

Will Equifax notify them that I disputed the fraud alert or do I have to contact Experian and TU also? WTH? Grrrr

A report of fraud to one bureau and subsequent FA will be sent to the other bureaus and you need to call each one to have them removed. You can also write in requesting it be done, if you do be sure to send copy of your ID and proof of your current address.

Message 2 of 3
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need help on fraud alert

Excellent
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.