Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on how to word a dispute via mail

tag
Samy13
Valued Member

Need help on how to word a dispute via mail

Hello

I have a unsecured loan chargeoff from 2017 on my account. The original close date was Nov 2017. This past September, the company reopened it on 9.8 and reclosed it on 9.30, both times causing drops to my score. I've tried disputing via Transunion online as innaccurate dates but each time it comes back verified it is mine, which wasn't what I was disputing.

How should I word my dispute so they KNOW that I am disputing the reopening and closing of this account and not the ownership? Is this FRAUD? REAGING? NORMAL?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help on how to word a dispute via mail

The DoFD once set cannot be changed even by a reopening of the account, I would make sure that it is still when you originally quit the payments and it went to CO. If the CRA isnt in agreement with this then you need to challenge it on that ground, if you have earlier reports that have the DoFD on it then use those as evidence. If the DoFD did change with what the credit issuer did then you need to go to the CFPB and file a complaint on them with demand for it to reflect the true DoFD.

Message 2 of 3
Samy13
Valued Member

Re: Need help on how to word a dispute via mail

@gdale6 Thank you for your response. Transunion has deleted it after this past dispute based on the change of dates!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.