Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Synchrony?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with Synchrony?

Hello, 

I'm desperate and hopeless but came across this forum after searching the web for answers regarding removing collections from Synchrony Bank. I just created an account and hoping you can give me some advice and the addresses for reaching out to Synchrony Bank to have these negative items removed, please. The collections have dropped my credit score 92 pts and no longer able to refinance my student loans. I would love some assistance, please. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with Synchrony?

@Anonymous 

Welcome to MyFICO

I’ve moved your post to it’s own thread and this sub forum so that you can receive assistance.  I’m sure that you will get some very helpful guidance from our very knowledgeable posters.

Good luck

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are some who have had success with Synch but overall they really don’t budge much. Most OCs will not remove negative accurate items from a report. Best chances are to try to contact the executive offices and see if they’ll grant some leniency.
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You would need to write them a goodwill letter asking for forgiveness

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! Really appreciate your help! 

Message 5 of 6
Envisioner
Valued Member

I myself actually sent out a goodwill letter to Synchrony Bank two weeks ago and received a call from them the next day resulting in my 90 day lates being upgraded to current accounts which were closed by consumer (which they were not).

I was told they have a "Humanitarian policy" which I was deemed elligible for due to what the person who helped me described as a "horrific" event, which it was.

My goodwill letter was six paragraphs and two pages long though impeccably formatted and written as I am a professional writer.

Seeing as how my experience was traumatic but not tragic, I imagine that if you were to write a letter detailing the event, what steps you were taking before advancement, the negative effects of your ordeal and your progress towards financial stability you will fall under the same humanitarian policy.

I have PM'ed you the two email addresses I used. My subject title was "Document enclosed. Thank you ma'am." The email possessed only the attachment with the document title "SF" for Synchrony Financial and the message "Thank you."

Good luck

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.