Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a CapOne judgment

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help with a CapOne judgment

OP, if yours then try sending a PFD for the collection or CO (one of the two should be reporting a balance). Once paid, then you can take steps to vacate. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Let me clarify myself, when I started this thread I was very upset as I knew 100% that this Judgment did not belong to my wife. My intention was to get advice as to what or anything I could do to fight back the credit agency's or Judicial system for reporting inaccurate information. Now to answer your post, the only thing that matched up was our address and all the alias that are listed on a credit report on my wife. I think most us would be shocked as to how many alias is on all our credit report.

In my case, I will (should ) 100% be able to have this removed. As it clearly states in the Court document the name don't match up. The only thing that the Court have correct is the address but  does that give anyone confirmation this is the right person to file a Judgment on and report it on one's credit report???  I mean without verifying ssn, dob, etc...

waitingfor 700+, your example is much different. In your case, it's mistaken identity and shouldn't be reporting. Somewhere the OC or CA provided info to the court which was incorrect and/or the court transposed some incorrect info. In OP's case, the judgment is correct (as ruled by a judge). If never served, OP could ask the court to vacate based on improper service. 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL sorry I was thinking I was the OP.. I was a little confused, sorry if I made a wrong reply.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

And I understand that someone had made a mistake...which as of right now possibly reduced my fico score's and cause some problems with us getting a mortgage loan. I (we) should be compensated for this mistake... As it has cost us a good percentage rate/downplaying on my mortgage.  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.