Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with disputing medical

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with disputing medical

Hi. First post here.  If this is not allowed please delete.

I have only 1 medical collection on my Equifax from KLS Financial Services, Inc from 7/10/17 (from report). I have never been to said clinic that it is from. I sent an email to have it validated with the full account number from my report. I received an email from the collections manager stating they found my file, but i need to verify my personal info like date of birth, address, and social security number and send in a picture id. I refused so she said they would send me a letter to the address they have on file. I emailed her a month later and told her i never received any letter. I have dispted with equifax and they keep coming back as verified. My SOL is 4 years, so i am past where they can sue me. The are bonded in my state. Any advice on my options? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help with disputing medical

Use the laws afforded you in the FCRA as to ID Theft to have it excluded from your CRs if its not yours.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect...

If it turns out to be yours here are the steps to follow to get it gone

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, (or-rebilled), collections ultimately paid by insurance get removed per new rules that came from CRAs settlement with 22 state AGs. If not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3. ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, this process cannot be discussed in any forum of myFico.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.