Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with multi items

tag
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Need help with multi items

I have 3 charged off accounts with SYNB from around 2015. All 3 were less than a grand and sold to 3rd party debt collectors. I paid all three 3rd parties and they sent letters asking SYNB to delete the tradelines, which they ignored.

I have spent over 3 months fighting this nonsense, and here is the gist of it:

1. Synchrony Claims they no longer own these accounts, and are no longer required to report on them. Ok but...

2. However since they have said they don't report, If I dispute these accounts, SYNB sends me all required info and denies the dispute.

3. Synchrony claims it's the responsbility of the 3rd parties to request them to delete, all third parties have sent letters asking them, over the time frame of a year, all of which have been ignored.

4. Synchrony claims another subdivision of their company called "Synchrony Recovery" handles these accounts, but when you contact them, they parrot line 3.

5. I understand a OC is not supposed to or required to delete accounts, but these 3 derogs are seriously harming my score. Since they said they aren't reporting them, then why are they still showing up when I have disputed them?

It seems to be SYNB wants to avoid any responsibility and keep passing the buck. If they have told me they legally aren't responsbile for reporting anymore, then why do the insist on denying any dispute?

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Can you do a balance transfer on a charged off account, if it has not been sold to a 3rd party?

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If I give a picture of my current situation, can anyone give me some advice?

The only way someone will know if they can help you is if they know your situation. So far, I haven't had a question of mine go unanswered for more than a few hours. I know a lot of forums are full of nonsense and trolls, but I haven't seen that here. This forum is full of the most helpful people I've ever had the pleasure of communicating with.

Message 3 of 28
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony nightmare.

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

I have 3 charged off accounts with SYNB from around 2015. All 3 were less than a grand and sold to 3rd party debt collectors. I paid all three 3rd parties and they sent letters asking SYNB to delete the tradelines, which they ignored.

I have spent over 3 months fighting this nonsense, and here is the gist of it:

1. Synchrony Claims they no longer own these accounts, and are no longer required to report on them. Ok but...

2. However since they have said they don't report, If I dispute these accounts, SYNB sends me all required info and denies the dispute.

3. Synchrony claims it's the responsbility of the 3rd parties to request them to delete, all third parties have sent letters asking them, over the time frame of a year, all of which have been ignored.

4. Synchrony claims another subdivision of their company called "Synchrony Recovery" handles these accounts, but when you contact them, they parrot line 3.

5. I understand a OC is not supposed to or required to delete accounts, but these 3 derogs are seriously harming my score. Since they said they aren't reporting them, then why are they still showing up when I have disputed them?

It seems to be SYNB wants to avoid any responsibility and keep passing the buck. If they have told me they legally aren't responsbile for reporting anymore, then why do the insist on denying any dispute?

They have a right to report them for up to 7.5 yrs post DoFD. They may not be reporting them currently as they have to show a 0 balance if they sold the debt to 3rd party collectors but your disputing and then the updating is what is killing your Fico it looks like the CO just happened today in its eyes. The only way to go after getting these removed if they are sold is by a GW letter asking for their removal, a tough thing to get from an OC but you keep trying.

Message 4 of 28
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: If I give a picture of my current situation, can anyone give me some advice?

Pictures are tough. Just list your Cards with credit lines, balance and how many lates. Collections, ect. Plenty here to help.

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you do a balance transfer on a charged off account, if it has not been sold to a 3rd party?

I don't see any reason why someone couldn't. Alternatively you can always do a balance transfer to a checking account and use the money however you wish.
Message 6 of 28
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can you do a balance transfer on a charged off account, if it has not been sold to a 3rd party?

Ok, here it goes.

I have a co signed autoloan, at probably the lowest rate possible (6% on a almost 10 year old SUV).

I have student loans, but they are deffered so I won't add those in.

From highest to lowest. Date is when opened. 2nd date is closed/co (if appliacable).

7/22/17 Navy Federal Visa - $4841. Closed, Nearing a CO status, working out a payment plan/settlement. $4500 CL

12/9/2017 Helzberg Diamonds $2013. Charged off 6/18/18. Tried many times to set up a payment arangement before it charged off, they would not help, even after going through the BBB and other channels. $3000 CL

11/2/14 Barclay's Bank Apple Visa $1689. Charged off 10/16/2015. Have sent them several letters asking about settlement, which were ignored. Trying again soon through the BBB. $1200 CL

6/27/2017 Synchrony/ Discount Tire $1563. Open/ Current My mom AU'ed me due to both my cars needing new tires. $5500 CL 

7/19/2017 Comenity Williams Sonoma Store Card $1224. Account is closed, but payments are current. $1000 CL

9/6/2016 Capital One $439 Open /Current. $500 CL

3/10/14 Fingerhut $360.20. Open / Current. $1200 CL

5/7/17. Target Credit Card. $382, took settlement offer of $150 for $50 x 3 months. Closing after settled.  $300 CL

5/10/17 Kohls Store Credit Card. $295 Closed, settled for $175 (pending) $300 CL

5/10/17. TD Bank /Nordstrom Store Card $249. Current. $600 CL

8/1/17 Blaze Mastercard $217. Closed, current on payments. $350 CL

7/20/17 Capital One Sak's 5th Ave. Open. $0 balance. $500 CL

1/28/14 Synchrony/ Farm and Fleet Open. $0 balance. $2500 CL

12/22/16 Comenity /Lane Bryant Open. $0 Balance. $250 CL

6/22/17 Comenity / Jcrew. Open. $0 Balance. $500 CL

10/23/17 Comenity /Hot Topic. Closed. $0 Balance $100 CL

9/3/14 Synchrony/ Paypal. Closed. $0 Balance. Sold to another party. CL N/A

9/2/14 Synchrony/ QVC. Closed. $0 Balance. Sold to another party. CL N/A

9/2/14 Synchrony/ Amazon. Closed. $0 Balance. Sold to another party. CL N/A

7/19/17 Comenity / Eddie Bauer. Closed. $0 Balance. Closed by credit grantor. $100 CL

3/10/17 Comenity / Express. Closed. $0 Balance. $100 CL

7/16/17 Comenity / Pier 1. Closed. $0 Balance. $100 CL

8/1/16 US Bank Secured Visa. Closed. $0 Balance. $300 CL

12/2/13 Wells Fargo Secured Visa. Closed $0 Balance. $300 CL

9/18/17. Nissan Motor Acceptance. $400 Balance (Gap Loss), working on it with a debt collector. NMAC agrees to deleted once paid.

4/21/17 Fortiva. (Dentist) Installment Loan. Open and Current. $0 Balance. $1206 "highest balance".

5/24/16. Digital Federal CU. $3000 Secured Installment Loan. $0 Balance. CLOSED.

10/3/2013. Fingerhut Freshstart Installment Loan $0 Balance. Closed. $109 "Highest Balance"

Message 7 of 28
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Your original post stated problems with 3 charge offs but it appears you have an awful lot of other problems to deal with on top of that.

First thing I would do is stop using credit cards for anything and get the current balances paid down/off. If you cannot get the spending under control it's only a matter of time before you get back into trouble with the cards you have open now. 

Message 8 of 28
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

That's been my plan for the past 6 months, but like I said the interest kills me. I have not used my credit cards for anything over $20 in the last 6 months. I might charge a coffee every two months or so just to show a little activity. There are a lot of accounts on there that have a $0 balance and are closed, so they are not usable anyway.

Message 9 of 28
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

I have collected about 6 different from numbers from synchrony bank and have called into their EO.

They keep passing the buck, they keep telling me to call a different department, this department doesn't handle this, etc.

So I called another number they gave me, and they told me the department that "truly" handles this is "internal" and does not have a phone number.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.