Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with multi items

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Can you do a balance transfer on a charged off account, if it has not been sold to a 3rd party?

It comes down to you got yourself in a pickle. Looks like a ton of SCT's or you applied for a ton of store cards. Theres not much we we can do to help and it comes down to just paying everything off. Cut up any open store cards. Your balances are high and even the $20 a month is too much to charge. Trying really hard to be FSR. But the only answer would be pay off the debts and then worry about GW letters. I'd do everything possible to get debt free first. Then clean up whats left over. Wish I had better news. I wont ask about lates due to I'm kinda sure theres a bunch to go with the CO's. Really sorry theres more i cant do to make it better. Just pay off what ya got. Good Luck!

Message 11 of 28
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can you do a balance transfer on a charged off account, if it has not been sold to a 3rd party?

I am working on my fiance's credit too. She has a state farm visa that charged off. Apparently SF is using IC system to chase the debt of around $700. However SF hasn't sold the debt to IC. For that reason would I send a dv letter to state farm or IC system?
Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 12 of 28
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

So I looked at her CR and see SF did not sell the debt to the collection agency.

So I call state farm back and say "I would like to settle this account, however I am asking if SF does pay for deletion".

I was informed: "All matters need to be handled by the collection agency". I even called back and asked for a manager and they stated the same.

I am getting frustrated due to the fact of how much of a PITA this is to fix. I know "pay your bills" but we both got a bit behind and I tried to make it right with state farm, but their policy is "we cannot fix your account unless it is current". Well if I had the money to "make it current", I would of just made the payments, duh. It seems several card companies are doing this today in order to make people fall further behind. If I owed you money, how much sense would it be for you to say "Well you owe me $500, but you need to pay me back $200 before I can let you pay $50". That is literally what they said to me. They do this on purpose so they can string you along a few more months and tack on $100+ in late fees.

I know...the credit card companies DO NOT have to put you in a payment arrangements, but telling people they can't unless they are "current" makes no sense.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 13 of 28
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Well I can breathe a little sigh of relief today, comenity put me in a hardship program with my $1200 Williams Sonoma account, reducing the interest from 29.9% to 10% for 12 months. They also said they would remove any late fees once I make 4 on time payments.

Message 14 of 28
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Glad to hear it! Just keep plugging along and you will come out the other side! 

Message 15 of 28
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

I was able to get the payment arrangement with Navy Federal Reinstated. The APR on the hardship is 6%. So this item is rather "low on the totem pole" due to the lower APR.

Message 16 of 28
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Should I get any secured cards to lower my utilization, or just pay the open balances right now?

Message 17 of 28
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

No. Its the last thing you need. Why get a HP, another hit to your AAoA, and more points lost from a new account. The debt is still there. Plus you may not get an approval with what you posted. Just pay off what you owe. After your debt free then you'll see how much it helped and better things will come your way. Stop the bleeding so you can heal first.

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed completely with FireMedic - don’t worry about open tradelines showing activity or getting anything to try to prop your score up. Right now no new Account would help considering the number of problem areas you have. Just keep going one card at a time as you are. You’ve had recent success in stemming the bleeding on some accounts so keep paying them and working to establish similar plans with the others.

One route you might look into would be a loan from someone like OneMain. The rates are high but damaged credit is ok if you secure the loan with a vehicle title, provided the vehicle meets their standards. That way you’d whack all of these at once, end the gutting from late fees, and set up auto payments on one account instead of a bunch. It would be worth looking into.
Message 19 of 28
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

So upon doing some digging, one of the charged off SYNC accounts was sold to Midland Credit.

So I call Midland credit and they told me they deleted the account from their files some time ago.

They told me they no longer have any rights to it.

So I call Synchrony and they said even if they deleted it, they still have to report it.

What? If they sold the debt, and the person who bought it no longer has it, then someone still needs to be responsbile. Because NOW there is NO WAY TO SETTLE this account! I have no CA to settle with for SYNC to mark the account as paid with!

They did give me an address to send a dispute into, wish me luck.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.