cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help!!!

tag
momof2_1419

Need help!!!

Okay I'm getting the ball rolling on this credit rebuild. I've went back and forth about whether to file bk and I'm not. I would copy and paste my cr but it's soo long because of my student loans. I received a settlement offer from HSBC that's pretty good but wanted to get some direction here. With hsbc I owe them $740 they are settling for $330 and said I can divivde it up into two or three payments. I was approved for a secured cap one deposited $400 and I'm starting with that and a finger hut account. Should i try for another secured card or leave it be? I am in chexsystems so getting a secured card through a bank is going to be a challenge. How do I start the dv process? I used to pay Lexington law but discovered I can do this on my own. How do I go about settling with a collection agency do I offer half? I had a lot of low balance credit cards I have just ignored most of them now they all are charged off. SOL is IL is 5 yrs and when I noticed my report today a lot of the accounts that were charged off are reporting current? Last time I posted here someone suggested not to pay one of my debts but I want advice on how to tackle this by paying it or disputing what shouldn't be reporting?? Thanks in advance for any help.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Need help!!!

@momof2_1419 wrote:
Okay I'm getting the ball rolling on this credit rebuild. I've went back and forth about whether to file bk and I'm not. I would copy and paste my cr but it's soo long because of my student loans. I received a settlement offer from HSBC that's pretty good but wanted to get some direction here.
With hsbc I owe them $740 they are settling for $330 and said I can divivde it up into two or three payments. I was approved for a secured cap one deposited $400 and I'm starting with that and a finger hut account. Should i try for another secured card or leave it be? I am in chexsystems so getting a secured card through a bank is going to be a challenge. How do I start the dv process? I used to pay Lexington law but discovered I can do this on my own.
How do I go about settling with a collection agency do I offer half? I had a lot of low balance credit cards I have just ignored most of them now they all are charged off. SOL is IL is 5 yrs and when I noticed my report today a lot of the accounts that were charged off are reporting current? Last time I posted here someone suggested not to pay one of my debts but I want advice on how to tackle this by paying it or disputing what shouldn't be reporting?? Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcom momof 2, 

To get you started, read What Steps Do I Take?Do I DV?PFD?, If you haven't already.

And may I suggest, a posting hint. To receive more replies and to make your post easier to read.You can edit your post,by making spaces or paragraphs. 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
momof2_1419

Re: Need help!!!

Okay thanks!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.