Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help!

tag
martypav7
Contributor

Need help!

Folks i need some of your help!

Long story short i had major financial breakdown back in 2017 due loss of a child. Last year or so im trying to fix mess. At one point i had credit score od 438 ( april 2018), now its floating around 580 ish. I live in Ny where rent is pretty expensive, ( paying around 2700 a month). Im trying to fix things up to buy a house. Theres 4 of us in the family ( 5th on the way due march2020)
I can easily afford mortgage, problem is qualifying for one.

I have Portofolio recovery 525 payment scheduled for next week, i know that will be deleted.
My issue is LVNV- settled
Charge offs- Fingerhut/webbank
Indigo celtic bank and comenity bank!

What can i do to remove this 4 accounts? Ive tried few times with letters but received response as plain no. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Need help!

So sorry about your loss. You can keep trying with GW letters here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-... 

Anything that is PIF looks better than settled for less in the eyes of a future creditor. Especially a mortgage officer. Keep trying to get those negs removed after you PIF which gives you a better shot once paid. It may be a long shot. But it doesnt hurt to keep trying. Maybe someone who had dealt with those CA's can chime in. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help!

Sorry for your loss.😞

I’m not sure if you have anything older reporting or not despite your reference to 2017? I believe NY has a 5 year purge. I don’t know much about it but you can find it on myFICO here thru the search bar. You might want to look into that...you may have to wait a few more years but, 5 years is better than 7 years, IMHO.

Credit to: @ImTheDevil
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/NYS-5-year-purge-rule/m-p/5561779#M585207

Good luck on your journey and best health to you and family.😇

I❤️NY

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.