Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help!

First time poster here! So when i was younger I didnt care too much about credit but in the past couple of months ive been trying to rebuid my credit. I started with my credit around 495. My current scores are EX 606 EQ 553 TU 591. I have two charge off accounts one is a BOA CC that is still showing $178 balance but i did just finish paying off and also a citizens bank student loan charge off that I owe 6,000 still but have been paying monthly with automatic payments set up. I have one car loan that is still open but will be paid off in a month, but never a late payment made on it. About a month ago I opened a capital one quicksilver CC with a $300 limit and plan to keep the util low. (quick question do i pay the CC off on the due date or does it have to be before for it to report a low utilization?) Lastly, I have 3 hard inquiries. I dont know what my next step would be to get my scores to go up some more. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help!

They report your balance after your statement cuts.  exp..my due date is the 10th and my statements cut on the 17th.  you have to atleast make the min payment on the due date, then you have bout 5 days to pay before the cut..  I let my statement cut the first month, paid the min then after it cut paid the rest to show use..On my nxt cut the min was the currnt balance left for uti.  paid the min and then zeroed the rest before cut to show no balance.  hope this helps for you  good luck.

Message 2 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

How many cards so you have? Looks like 1. Use it and let $5 report and then PIF. Or in other words use it and pay before statement date. Your goal is to get 3 cards. You could get an OpenSky card. That would help. Stay away from Credit One. Try Merrick Bank. Once you have 3 cards then the AZEO method will really help. Once the car is paid off. Get a Self Lender Loan so you have an open installment loan for credit mix. This also helps in the rebuild FICO bonus to boost scores. Once your car is paid off dont freak you'll lose points until you get another installment loan. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have 1 open CC. So i should open two more.

Thats what I was hoping wouldnt happen when the cars paid off next month. How does a self lender loan work?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

also forgot to ask, if my payments are due on the 30th when should i pay it down to 5 before its reported? Sorry, very new to all of this. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

three cards will pay the biggest score rewards with AZE0 method, you might also consider a secured Discover for rewards and early graduation they are awsome builder cards,,

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

unfortunately I tried the discover pre approval and wasnt approved for anything 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

also forgot to ask, if my payments are due on the 30th when should i pay it down to 5 before its reported? Sorry, very new to all of this. 

IME The CUT DAY is ussualy the day of/or before you get the email stating what is due mine is the 28th and due date is the 25TH or so of the following month.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.