Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice!

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need some advice!

When a CA reports as open, it is how they are supposed to report.  It just means they haven't been paid.

The CA should list who they are collecting for.  See if you have a corresponding TL with the same name. 

The OC accounts would probably show closed since they are in collections or charged off.

Message 11 of 21
Jordan515

@guiness56 wrote:

When a CA reports as open, it is how they are supposed to report.  It just means they haven't been paid.

Ok, I get this

The CA should list who they are collecting for.  See if you have a corresponding TL with the same name. 

TL? But yeah each account shows the OC

The OC accounts would probably show closed since they are in collections or charged off.

It shows no closed accounts on my report

Message 12 of 21
guiness56
Epic Contributor

TL - Tradeline, same as account just different terminology.  You can read the sticky in my signature about abbreviations used here.

Can you cut and paste a few of the accounts so we can see exactly what you have?  Omit your personnal information.

Message 13 of 21
Jordan515

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/Jordan515dsm/Untitled_zps6c94eb0b.png

Will this work I just took a screenshot and omitted everything personal.

And thinks for all the help so far Guniness!  I really appreciate it.

Message 14 of 21
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It doesn't give me what I'm looking for.  When you click on more account details what does it show?

What CRA is this from?  Looking for the DoFD.

Message 15 of 21
Jordan515

@guiness56 wrote:

It doesn't give me what I'm looking for.  When you click on more account details what does it show?

What CRA is this from?  Looking for the DoFD.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/Jordan515dsm/Untitled_zps9144cc26.png

This doesn't really look like what your looking for either.

Message 16 of 21
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I was looking for the DoFD or a drop off date.  What CRA is this from?

They don't show the original creditor either. 

Do you know when you first became delinquent with these accounts and never became current again?

Message 17 of 21
Jordan515

@guiness56 wrote:

I was looking for the DoFD or a drop off date.  What CRA is this from?

They don't show the original creditor either. 

Do you know when you first became delinquent with these accounts and never became current again?

I assume by CRA you mean Credit Reporting Agency? If that's the case then Experian

Sorry the original creditors is shown on Quizzle which is what I orignially used because the others were denying me access saying i didn't have sufficient info proving I was who I claimed I  was or something.  There was no good way of screen capping from their website.

I know that all of these accounts were delinquint for about 3 months before they were sent to CA.

Also is there a different CRA I can use to get you the information you're looking for?

Message 18 of 21
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, sorry.  CRA is credit reporting agency.

Did you try to get your free reports from annualcreditreport.com?  You can get a free one every 12 months from each CRA.  If you can't get them online, you can send in your ID and SSN to get a mailed copy.  I would do this if it is your only option.  You need all three reports.

EQ is the only one that uses a DoFD.  EX and TU use a drop off date.

Message 19 of 21
Jordan515

@guiness56 wrote:

Yes, sorry.  CRA is credit reporting agency.

Did you try to get your free reports from annualcreditreport.com?  You can get a free one every 12 months from each CRA.  If you can't get them online, you can send in your ID and SSN to get a mailed copy.  I would do this if it is your only option.  You need all three reports.

EQ is the only one that uses a DoFD.  EX and TU use a drop off date.

Ok well I may have to do that because 2/3 ask me questions that don't apply to me, asking about a mortgage and other stuff I don't have.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.