Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice

tag
hopingsoon
Regular Contributor

Need some advice

I just opened a collection letter for a medical bill from last year. This bill should have been covered by my insurance. I called the Dr. office to ask if this was submitted to my insurance. I was informed that they tried but it was denied. I insisted that this was incorrect. So she tells me to call my insurance. I call my insurance and they say that they have no record of this bill being submitted. So I call the Dr. office back and then they tell me that their records indicate that I did not have coverage on the date of this visit. Again, this is incorrect. She made sure to remind me a few times that this account has been sent to collections and that I can make payment arrangements with the collection agency. Then she told me that the billing supervisor was on the phone but she took my number and said they would call me back.

Here's the question... Should I DV the CA while I wait so they don't hit my CR with this?

Starting Score: FAKOs EQ 537 TU 497 EX 517
Current Score 7/11/13: FICOs EQ 650 TU 659 EX 655
Goal Score: 675 Who am I kidding? Goal Score: 750+ Smiley Happy

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 2 of 3
hopingsoon
Regular Contributor

Re: Need some advice

Thank you! Just sealed the envelope, I'll be stoping by the post office on the way to my afternoon class. 

Starting Score: FAKOs EQ 537 TU 497 EX 517
Current Score 7/11/13: FICOs EQ 650 TU 659 EX 655
Goal Score: 675 Who am I kidding? Goal Score: 750+ Smiley Happy

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.