Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some medical bill PFD advice

tag
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

Need some medical bill PFD advice

Hello everyone..I have 3 medical bills in collections that i want to try and get taken care of...2 of the collection is from the same CA with one being from 2010 for a total of $190 and one from 2012 for a total of $92 and then i have a new one that just hit froma  different CA for a total of $100..

Now when i try to request a PFD should i try and combin the 2 collections together thats with the same CA or try and get a PFD one at a time ? On the new one just hit do you think it will be harder to get PFD since the bill has just starting reporting ?

Last do you thnk i would have a better chance of getting this done through mail or on the phone..I did some searching and seen some say do it both ways and some say to never talk on the phone with them..I didnt find no new threads so figured i'd ask again.

Starting Fico scores 6/29/1013
Experian 584 / Equifax 639 / TransUnion 598
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gogotexan
Regular Contributor

Re: Need some medical bill PFD advice

I've had some success with PFD medical collections, specifically with NCO collection agency. 

I would contact them via telephone first, and try to get an agent to agree to take a payment of 75% of the total bill.  (This is what I did).  Then fax a PFD letter to that agent's attention with the terms they agreed to.  I know most people will say never give a collection agency your info over the phone, but I needed the accts off my report asap so I paid over the phone with a credit card (that way I could dispute the charges if they didn't delete).  About a week later, the items were deleted from all 3 CRAs.  Good luck.

Starting Scores 11/12/2012 EX - 590, EQ - 584, TU - 601
FICO Scores as of 02/06/2014 EX - 687, EQ - 659, TU - 697
BK 7 Discharged Oct 2010, In my wallet: NFCU VisaSiggy $26K; NFCU GoRewards $10K; NFCU Navcheck $15K; Star Furniture $5K, Conns Credit $7K, GE (Ashley Furniture) $1K, GE (Rooms to Go) $3K, Barclay Arrival MC $3K; PWFCU Visa $2.5K; Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2K; Chase Freedome $500; Cap1 Secured $500
Message 2 of 3
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

Re: Need some medical bill PFD advice

thats sweet...I hope i can have some luck..I think i'm going to call them.

Starting Fico scores 6/29/1013
Experian 584 / Equifax 639 / TransUnion 598
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.