cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some suggestions on rebuilding steps. Collections first.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some suggestions on rebuilding steps. Collections first.

Equifax- 516???

Collections- IC System Time Warner (Nov 2016) $893.00, LVNV Funding Credit One Charge Off (Nov 2015) $603, Unknown Collector Medical (Mar 2014) $29, Unknown Collector Medical (June 2015) $430, Security Credit Lease (Jan 2017) account has bounced around CA $1,725, and Rcvl Performance Management Windstream (Feb 2017) $317.

Transunion- 600

Collections- IC System Time Warner (Nov 2016) $893.00, LVNV Funding Credit One Charge Off (Nov 2015) $603, Security Credit Lease (Jan 2017) account has bounced around CA $1,725, Rcvl Performance Management Windstream (Feb 2017) $317.

Experian- 608

Collections- IC System Time Warner (Nov 2016) $893.00, LVNV Funding Credit One Charge Off (Nov 2015) $603, Rcvl Performance Management Windstream (Feb 2017) $317.

So my thoughts are this and you guys correct me if I'm wrong. The IC System, LVNV, and Rcvl Performance appear on all 3 CB's. They are also relatively fresh. Should I attempt pay for deletes on those first and then tackle the remainder? That would take care of all collections in Experian and all but one on Transunion, which would be the next collection I would tackle. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Any insight on those agencies would be greatly appreciated. Looking to buy a home in the next three years and I am in a steady, decent paying job, so I am in a place where I can get my credit straightened out post college days. Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need some suggestions on rebuilding steps. Collections first.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

You want to go after the ones that are updating monthly first and get them taken care of then go after the ones that are left. LVNV is going to be a battle to get PFD from so you might try working with the OC and get them to recall the debt in exchange for payment of it.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need some suggestions on rebuilding steps. Collections first.

Work with the newest collections first.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.