Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need suggestion on how to deal with Enhanced Recovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need suggestion on how to deal with Enhanced Recovery

I had a collection on my reports from NCO Financial for a 2010 bill from Directv.  I sent them a PFD letter and within days thy had deleted the collection from all 3 bureaus.  They sent me a letter stating that they had requested there deletion and didn't mention any payment of the $359 bill.  They say they had sent a request for validation from Directv.  Subsequently got another letter from them. saying the debt was verified and again that the collection was deleted.  I was about to send them the money I said I would in the PFD letter when I got a notice fromE handed Recovery saying that Directv had placed the collection with them and asking for payment.

my question is how i should deal with Enhanced.  I have no problem paying them but I'm afraid that if I do they'll turn around and report it. Should I send them a letter asking for their assurance in not reporting in return for payment or what?    I Know if I call on the phone the rep will probably tell me anything to get payment.  Suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Re: Need suggestion on how to deal with Enhanced Recovery

I would try to pay DirecTV directly and ask them to recall the collection.  If they agree to that you can DV ERC and they should delete from the CB's.  If they won't recall I would still send a DV to ERC.  Others have had success getting items removed from them this way.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bkelly906 wrote:

I would try to pay DirecTV directly and ask them to recall the collection.  If they agree to that you can DV ERC and they should delete from the CB's.  If they won't recall I would still send a DV to ERC.  Others have had success getting items removed from them this way.

There is nothing on my reports currently.  I'm just worried if I paid ERC they would still go ahead and put it on the CBs.    Guess I should try to contact Directv directly.  Wonder if I call the billing debt whether they'll even be able to find the account 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the notice from ERC say you can call DirecTV and make arrangements to pay them directly? My letter from AFNI had that on the notice. I called DirecTV and paid them and it stayed off my reports.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does the notice from ERC say you can call DirecTV and make arrangements to pay them directly? My letter from AFNI had that on the notice. I called DirecTV and paid them and it stayed off my reports.

It doesn't say much other than the account has been placed with and how to contact ERC.  However they included a payment statement where I can enter cc info and the address to send it to is a Directv address. The pay stub also has my old Directv account number from 2008 and I can actually still log in and apparently pay the bill there. Do you think that's what I should do?

Message 5 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bkelly906 wrote:

There is nothing on my reports currently.  I'm just worried if I paid ERC they would still go ahead and put it on the CBs.    Guess I should try to contact Directv directly.  Wonder if I call the billing debt whether they'll even be able to find the account 

My experience is after dunning letter, EVERY TIME, if you pay within thirty days, it's not reported.  That's your verification time.  If it's sold, direct tv MAY (like comcast), take payment, and enhanced recovery will want payment, and report, and you never get if off.  Call enhanced recovery.

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bkelly906 wrote:

My experience is after dunning letter, EVERY TIME, if you pay within thirty days, it's not reported.  That's your verification time.  If it's sold, direct tv MAY (like comcast), take payment, and enhanced recovery will want payment, and report, and you never get if off.  Call enhanced recovery.

I'm just outside the 30 days.  Dang letter got misplaced.  Anyways I guess I'll call and hopefully they will agree not to report.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Enhanced and made payment directly to them.  They assured me that nothing will be reported to the CRAs.  Guess only time will tell.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.