cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Raise Score Quickly... Please give me some advice

tag
kharris1

Need to Raise Score Quickly... Please give me some advice

We are looking at building a home, we will be signing for the home in January. However, I just checked my FICO score and it is at 614!!!! Our loan requires at least a 620.

I have two satisfactory accounts. A car loan and a secured credit card.

I have three collection accounts on my credit (Charter $242, and Medical bills totaling $542. If I negotiate a PFD will my score increase? 
I also have negative marks from late payments on my Capital One card, is it possible to have them remove that?

10/4- Ex 577 EQ 581 TU 589
Goal- 650+ on all to buy home!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Need to Raise Score Quickly... Please give me some advice

I've heard about others contacting Cap1 to have late payments removed...write a GW letter? I think it depends on the rest of your report, but any pfd would help right??
012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 11
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Preferrabley get rid of the most recent derogatory information  that should help. Call the original crediter like charter and the provider of the medical services  and ask them if they sold the debt to the collection agecny or if it has been assigned to the colection agency. if it has been assigned ask them if they will accept payment in full in exchange for pulling the account from the collection agency.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 11
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Also make sure the utilization reported on your credit card is less than 9% but more than zero.
Message 4 of 11
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

Preferrabley get rid of the most recent derogatory information  that should help. Call the original crediter like charter and the provider of the medical services  and ask them if they sold the debt to the collection agecny or if it has been assigned to the colection agency. if it has been assigned ask them if they will accept payment in full in exchange for pulling the account from the collection agency.

I am going to try that with the judgement...OC/Plaintiff  is my old apartment complex (eviction)...but the CA is also listed under collection accounts. I am going to offer to pay the judgement amount to the OC and hope that they get the account back from the CA. That would be sooooo sweet for me. 

It is a joint obligation; original amount due $4500 judgement $2700...I will let you know if this works.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I doubt it would work you would might rid of the Collection Agency but not the Judgment. Who filed and got the judgment?  Try it on the medical collection account.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 6 of 11
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

And to add to AndySoCal questions....... When was the judgment filed?  what date?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 7 of 11
madmann26
Valued Contributor

The fastest way would be to drop your utilization on the CC to 9% or less.

If you're not letting a balance report at all, then it is hurting you even more as FICO doesn't "see" you using credit. This will lower your score also.

Let a balance report, 1-9% and see what happens. I bet you get what you need and then some.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 8 of 11
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

And to add to AndySoCal questions....... When was the judgment filed?  what date?

The judgement was filed 12/2011, the plaintiff is the apartment complex/attorney rep....who says he will not accept payment for the judgement.  The attorney and the apartment complex directed me to the Collection Agency; I am afraid to pay the CA because they want $4500 and the judgement is only $2700 or so.....Im thinking if I pay them $2700, they will want the rest in order to clear the judgement. 

Message 9 of 11
J_G
Regular Contributor

It is impossible to get a mortgage with a un paid Judgment! You need to pay that ASAP! I had a Judgment and had to pay before a bank would even talk to me :-( Judgments are heavily ground upon and it you have recently been evicted you will have to wait a minimum of 1 year before you can get a mortgage loan possibly even 2 years.
7/1/13 - EQ = 593 TU = 578 EXP = 573 FICO
8/11/13 - EQ = 600 TU = 590 EXP = 603 FICO
10/1/13 - EQ = 611 TU = 689 EXP = 605 FICO
12/4/13 - EQ = 625 TU = 648 EXP = 604
Lender Pull 2/18/14 - EQ = 630 TU = 678 EXP = 594
Lender Pull 2/28/14 (EQ 640) (TU 660) (EX 655) Rapid re-score =)
9/30/14 - EQ = 660 TU = 710 EXP = 669
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.