Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get collections removed of reports, already off EX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to get collections removed of reports, already off EX

Disputed two collections with EX, and both were removed. However, they still show up on both TU and EQ reports. Should I be sending another DV letter to the other two CRAs? If so, should I just state that I disputed these collections and the CA were not able to verify? Will that spark another investigation? Obviously I am trying to avoid that, but neither of those CA ever made contact, and I am sure that the amounts are not correct either (unless they just added fees charges and taxes, which they probably did.)

Message Edited by Sprinty2 on 09-07-2008 10:45 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to get collections removed of reports, already off EX

DV letters go to the CA, not the CRA.

Disputing with one CRA won't get the items removed or investigated with the other two, you have to dispute with all of them individually.

Have you DV'd the CA?

What reason did you use when disputing with the CRA?

Are these collections yours?

Sprinty2 wrote:
Disputed two collections with EX, and both were removed. However, they still show up on both TU and EQ reports. Should I be sending another DV letter to the other two CRAs? If so, should I just state that I disputed these collections and the CA were not able to verify? Will that spark another investigation? Obviously I am trying to avoid that, but neither of those CA ever made contact, and I am sure that the amounts are not correct either (unless they just added fees charges and taxes, which they probably did.)

Message Edited by Sprinty2 on 09-07-2008 10:45 AM

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to get collections removed of reports, already off EX

I disputed collections as incorrect balance. One was a cap one co that was charged off at 625, CA listed at nearly triple. CO was in 2006, so I don;t think they could have possibly added that many fees since then. The other was a similar situation, original account was joint, and payment history was inaccurate. That account was older, however, and I don;t have any records of it anymore (moved twice since then).

I went a little bit backwards on the DV thing, I was under the impression I was supposed to dispute with CRA first, then DV if it comes back verified. But when I disputed, those collections came off the report. (it's been over two months).

I only disputed with EX, not the others. SO should I DV the CA, even though it came off the EX report? Or should I send the dispute to CRA?

My assumption would be that the initial dispute with EX, they were not able to verify the accounts, thus making their collections invalid.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.