cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to rebuild-what creditors pull Equifax?

tag
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Need to rebuild-what creditors pull Equifax?

Trying to rebuild my credit. I noticed that my experian score has gone up to 626 from 596 but there are still some derogs on it.

What unsecured cards can I try to get to build credit? Credit card or store card is fine any long as they would approve me. Any help would be appreciated?

Side note: What is an easy way to get to the forums using my phone? Can I not get here using the app? Or don't have to use the full URL?

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Re: Need to rebuild-what creditors pull Equifax?

Just to clarify, I want someone that only pulls Equifax.

And I live in Baltimore, MD

Message 2 of 9
Luzzelda
Established Member

I'm pretty new here, so I'll let others comment on which cards might be best for you. But you can search the Credit Pulls Database for cards that pull from Experian. It will let you put in your state as well for more specific results.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed for sure pull Equifax. I was recently approved with a 621 EQ Score. Had to recon and pay off some charge offs and Boom Approved.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA pulls mainly EQ

Message 5 of 9
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone. I have a few baddies but want to rebuild and keep this tradeline perfectly clean. I also read that some were denied online and then called in and got approved what's that about?

How do I join penfed without being in the military?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HigherFico wrote:
Thanks everyone. I have a few baddies but want to rebuild and keep this tradeline perfectly clean. I also read that some were denied online and then called in and got approved what's that about?

You can join via membership to the Navy League of the United States. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HigherFico wrote:

PenFed gives you several options to join, just use their online application I think there is two things you can join that allow you instant membership. I think both are around $20 one counts as a charity towards taxes.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

just use the Shopping Cart Trick  SCT.  Victoria Secret and Jcrew seem to the the easiest ones to pop.  I got VS 500.00 and Jcew 250.00  NO HARD INQUIRY.  Clear browser history, turn OFF pop up blocker and follow, add stuff to your shopping cart, check out as guest, put in all your info... Once you get to the part where you would put in your Credit Card number; you might get a pop up saying you are pre approved for their store CC.  Fill it out, last 4 of SSN, accept the terms and thats it.  You dont even need to purchase what you put in your cart.....  Just search on this forum or Google and maybe watch a few youtube videos.  I would stick to getting only 2 though.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.