Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing some help please

tag
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

Needing some help please

I have a bit of a situation, and I am hoping you all can help.  My husband and I used to rent a house from my father.  We moved out in March of last year.  Upon moving we moved all of the utilities to our new home.  The new home does not use gas but the old one did.  I spoke with the gas company upon moving, and I gave them our new address and let them know we were moving.  My father was moving back in after we left to make some changes to the home.  I let them know our move out date and asked they forward anything up until that date to me, and that he would be moving in after that.  We paid the last bill, and we never saw anything else.  My husband monitored our account online and there were no more bills sent.  Now, a year plus later, I have received a bill from a collection agency for 62.84.  I am torn, because in a way I really don't feel that I owe this, but even more, I need this off my credit report, and I will pay it to get it off there.  What do I do from here?  I know that there is the DV or PFD....what is the best way to get this removed asap?  Please advise.  This is my first time trying to get something off my CR, and I know just paying the collection will not do that.

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Needing some help please

DV first and if that doesn't work then PFD

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

DV first and if that doesn't work then PFGood luck

Sorry to be such a newb, but is there a pretty good chance I can get it removed between to two.  I will definitely be paying in full, just because I am so desperate to get this off my CR.  A sparkly new collection is killing my score, and I have been doing so good.  And this is not even my fault.  Sorry, /rant.

edit for typos

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 3 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@PandiferBear wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Sorry to be such a newb, but is there a pretty good chance I can get it removed between to two.  I will definitely be paying in full, just because I am so desperate to get this off my CR.  A sparkly new collection is killing my score, and I have been doing so good.  And this is not even my fault.  Sorry, /rant.

edit for typos

Since it's so small IMHO you have a good chance of having it removed 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 5
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

edit for typos

Since it's so small IMHO you have a good chance of having it removed 

Thanks.  I will give it my best.  I just totally freaked out when I got the letter.  Grrr.  Okay --  DV then PFD.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.