cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Debt question

tag
mhaines

Negative Debt question

Hello world, will keep this short and to the point.

I owed a company some money from about 5 years ago (Symco Energy). They sold this debt to a collection company who never bothered to contact me in effort to collect (I would have paid). The collection agency (AMERICOLLECT INC) reported this as a debt about 6 months ago. They didn't want to do a pay for deletion and validated the debt. I contacted Symco and they told me if I paid them they will have the collection agency delete the entry on my credit report. I should have received that in writing because what I expected to happened to play out. The collection agency reported it is paid.

My question is this, does that violate any rules, laws, policies etc? I would think since i paid the original person the collection agency should be aloud to post anything.

I had plans of writing all of this up and sending to the big 3 to see if I could get a delete since that's what was verbally promised. I'm really salty this company didn't try to contact me they just slapped it on my credit file. But at the end of the day I should have paid it so the fault is all mine.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.