Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negatives Listed Twice

tag
chevy22
Established Member

Negatives Listed Twice

I have a collection with AFNI for AT&T on my EQ report, this baddie shows twice on my report. First, at the beginning as a closed account listed under the other accounts section and again in the negative account section as closed. But there is no current status listed. DOLA is n/a. No close date is listed and 1st major delinquency is 4 mos later than the DOFD. Is this something I should be concerned about or is this the way EQ shows it to me? I noticed a CC listed twice like this also, but other than one mark in 2006, I am in good standing. My TU doesn't show the account twice like that and my TU FICO is a decent bit higher than my EQ FICO. I just want to make sure it doesn't effect my score. Can anyone shed any light on this to me? I am new to this credit thing. Thanks!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MaryJane197
Regular Contributor

Re: Negatives Listed Twice

The same debt cant be listed twice.  I just got two accounts deleted from my CR because of this.  I would dispute it and put in the notes that its listed twice and give details.

07/14/20:-TransUnion: 528 / Equifax: 521, / Experian: 666
Filed BK 01/24/2020
Message 2 of 10
migo13
Contributor

I understand that you disputed it, but under what category did you list the dispute?

Message 3 of 10
chevy22
Established Member

I haven't yet. I was just wanted to know if this is normal, and what to do about it. I am about to start researching the negatives and start submitting my disputes this week.
Message 4 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@MaryJane197 wrote:

The same debt cant be listed twice.  I just got two accounts deleted from my CR because of this.  I would dispute it and put in the notes that its listed twice and give details.

This is not true. The same debt can have multiple negative entries depending on the type on entry.

Example:

OC lists the account as negative, charged off and sells the debt. They show the debt with a 0 dollar balance owed.

Collection company A purchases the debt, and tries to collect. They sell the debt, and list it as a 0 dollar balance owed.

Collection company B lists the debt after purchase, shows a $243 dollar balance. They sue you, they win a default judgment.

Right now you have the OC, Collection A, Collection B, and a Judgment, and they all are listing correctly. Since the first 2 show 0 dollar balance, they are showing correctly. Collection B is tied to the unpaid judgment, so it is showing a correct balance, and then of course so is the judgment.

Just the fact that the OC and a CA is showing the same debt is not reason enough to compel a deletion.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 10
chevy22
Established Member

Both are from same CA and CC. Just thought about this, does the lender see same report listing as we see it? What I mean by that is in the report it has
-mortgages
-Installments
-Closed - I have one with negs car loan
-Revolving
-Open - have 1 perfect CC and 1 with negs but still shows in good standing
-Closed - I have 1 perfect
-Other Accounts (accounts that do not fall in any of above categories ie 30 day accounts & American Express.)
-This is where my collection is first listed for my cell phone by the CA not the OC.
-Inquiries
-Negative Accounts (my concern of items showing twice)
-Open - my neg CC listed above (not a collection this is my account.)
-Closed
-my car loan with couple lates not a collection
-the cell phone posted again by the CA not the OC
-Collections
- Public Info
-Personal Info

Hope that explains a little better.
Message 6 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@chevy22 wrote:
Both are from same CA and CC. Just thought about this, does the lender see same report listing as we see it? What I mean by that is in the report it has
-mortgages
-Installments
-Closed - I have one with negs car loan
-Revolving
-Open - have 1 perfect CC and 1 with negs but still shows in good standing
-Closed - I have 1 perfect
-Other Accounts (accounts that do not fall in any of above categories ie 30 day accounts & American Express.)
-This is where my collection is first listed for my cell phone by the CA not the OC.
-Inquiries
-Negative Accounts (my concern of items showing twice)
-Open - my neg CC listed above (not a collection this is my account.)
-Closed
-my car loan with couple lates not a collection
-the cell phone posted again by the CA not the OC
-Collections
- Public Info
-Personal Info

Hope that explains a little better.

If the same collection company is showing the same listing twice, for the same debt, then yeah, that is def. incorrect and you could dispute that to be removed.

-scott

Message 7 of 10
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@MaryJane197 wrote:

This is not true. The same debt can have multiple negative entries depending on the type on entry.

Example:

OC lists the account as negative, charged off and sells the debt. They show the debt with a 0 dollar balance owed.

Collection company A purchases the debt, and tries to collect. They sell the debt, and list it as a 0 dollar balance owed.

Collection company B lists the debt after purchase, shows a $243 dollar balance. They sue you, they win a default judgment.

Right now you have the OC, Collection A, Collection B, and a Judgment, and they all are listing correctly. Since the first 2 show 0 dollar balance, they are showing correctly. Collection B is tied to the unpaid judgment, so it is showing a correct balance, and then of course so is the judgment.

Just the fact that the OC and a CA is showing the same debt is not reason enough to compel a deletion.

-scott

scott you just painted one of the worst things that can legally happen due to a single unpaid debt!  lol many people dont know this

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 8 of 10
MaryJane197
Regular Contributor

I was talking about from the same company. They cant list it more than once from the same company.

07/14/20:-TransUnion: 528 / Equifax: 521, / Experian: 666
Filed BK 01/24/2020
Message 9 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@MaryJane197 wrote:

I was talking about from the same company. They cant list it more than once from the same company.

Gotcha.. just wasn't clear in your post, sorry about that!

-scott

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.