Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never thought I would do a secured card

tag
baskball33
Valued Member

Never thought I would do a secured card

I have been reading on here a lot about different options for CCs. I decided to give it a shot now, when I had a couple of inquiries hit and then I can sit back for a bit. I got the Discover It secured card. I deposited $500 and I am so excited, I just received the card today. I am going to use it for every day purchases and make a payment every 2 weeks so I can get the most out of the cash back match for the 1st year.

I've already paid off 1 of my old First Premier cards and almost done with the 2nd. After I get rid of them, I will have 2 cap1 , Discover and my Credit Union cards. I have been paying just over minimum payment on all and an extra $100 at least on one of the first premier cards every month.

I am feeling very confident that I can make this card work to my advantage now. My scores are staying steady right around 600, so I like that with the changes I've been making.                

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Never thought I would do a secured card

Congrats on the new card. I enjoyed my secured Discover card. You seem to have a good plan, which is better than many can say. Good luck on your journey to higher scores!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Never thought I would do a secured card

Discover is good, it should graduate to unsecured.  Mine took 1 year to do so but I went from $300 initial deposit to $500 when I added $200 more.  Then when I graduated on my anniversary not only did I get the cash back match I got a check for my $500 back and a $2,000 credit limit.  Shortly after that I got my 2nd Discover with 0% for 14 months and $2,000 starting CL.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.