Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nevermind.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind.

I took time to give enough information to explain exactly what I needed help with, and it was completely disregarded. I did not ask for suggestions of credit repair companies. I appreciate the attempts to "help" but no thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Disputing Accounts; What Other Options Do I Have?

If you dispute accuate information it does have a chance to pop back up on your report as long as its still within th 7.5 year reporting period that excludes from your credit report. Midland does delete trade lines that are paid and at least 2 years old or older. Verizon is a really hard one they won’t respond to any PFD I’ve sent them. You would want to reattempt with citi because any charged off card factors into your utilization and is most likely updating monthly which is hurting your credit score even more.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 2 of 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

What exactly would be the basis for disputing any of these accounts? Remember, only inaccurate information should be disputed and the creditors have the option of correcting the inaccurate information.

Once you dispute an account and have it come back verified the CRA can dismiss future disputes as frivolous without having to reverify unless your dispute is different.
Message 3 of 6
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

If you are asking what companies to use, I don't think we are supposed to talk about companies like that here.

If you were to google "five best credit repair companies", you will encounter lists on other sites.

This site is run by the company behind FICO scores and is not very keen on in-depth discussion of disputes aside from removing 100% verifiable wrong information. Other sites have more discussion of that topic.

Good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t think a credit repair company will help. These sound like valid debts and it is unclear if they are all paid/settled or not. Midland is easy enough. If you settled it, contact them and ask to delete. It is on their website. The rest you need to start writing goodwill letters for, from what it sounds like.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As for the lease debt I would contact them and asked for an itemized accounting of your charges so you can determine if your deposit was applied or not. Once you know what is still outstanding you can figure out whether you can afford to pay in full and ask to do so in exchange for deleting, or if settling can get the same result.

Search the collector’s name on Google and see if any other forums pop up if you didn’t find them here, so you can see how others deal with them.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.