Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Here.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Here.

Hi All,

This is my first post on here, I just joined today. I've finally decided it's time to take the first step to getting myself on the right foot. 6 months ago my scores were in the 480-500 range, paid off 2 collections and signed up for 2 Cap1 cards one secured, one quicksilver1. And I now sit at 600-608. Any suggestions or advice from those who have been in my shoes? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: New Here.

Hi and welcome to the forums, @Anonymous 

For our members to better assist you we would need a list of your current negatives on your reports with information such as lender/collector, current balances, date of last payment and so on. That way we can assist you in tackling any negatives/collections on your reports to improve your scores

You started in the right direction paying off some of those collections and getting two good cards to start building credit history. Hopefully our members will help you further along so you can be on the path to recovery

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh yes, obviously lol.

So I have some collections left to tackle. 

conserve- $1490 which is about 6 months old -- unpaid tuition

progressive insurance $419 I've owed for about a year

CCS - $320 about 3 years old 

and 1 unpaid medical bill that's like 6 years old for $290

I have 4 current credit cards listed from oldest to newest all of which I pay in full monthly 

citi secured - $500 CL - 16 months old

visions FCU secured $500 CL -8 months old 

cap1 secured - $200 CL 4 months old

cap1 quicksilver one - $300 CL 2 months old

i also have a predatory auto loan from Bridgrest with like a 13,000 balance that I pay $380 a month on... opened October of 2019 rate is through the roof but at the time I wasn't making very smart decisions! 5 late payments on that all when I lost my job due to COVID 😡 

Thank you to all!!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ahh yes, obviously lol.

I have 4 current credit cards listed from oldest to newest all of which I pay in full monthly 

i also have a predatory auto loan from Bridgrest with like a 13,000 balance that I pay $380 a month on... opened October of 2019 rate is through the roof but at the time I wasn't making very smart decisions! 5 late payments on that all when I lost my job due to COVID 😡 

Thank you to all!!

Hi! I'm new on here too and while not exactly in your shoes, as I have a BK, I've learned so much in the short time I've been here. So you're definitely in the right place. 

Who is the collection agency for Progressive? I ask because my brother was able to get it deleted off his report. If it's with Receivable Management Services, they'll do a pay for delete if paid in full. Progressive wouldn't recall the debt, so he paid them directly and it came off his report in about 3 weeks. 

Good Luck with your rebuild! 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ahh yes, obviously lol.

Thank you to all!!

Hi! I'm new on here too and while not exactly in your shoes, as I have a BK, I've learned so much in the short time I've been here. So you're definitely in the right place. 

Who is the collection agency for Progressive? I ask because my brother was able to get it deleted off his report. If it's with Receivable Management Services, they'll do a pay for delete if paid in full. Progressive wouldn't recall the debt, so he paid them directly and it came off his report in about 3 weeks. 

Is receivable managment services a CA in NY?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ahh yes, obviously lol.

Thank you to all!!

Is receivable managment services a CA in NY?

The address listed on their correspondence is a P.O. Box in Minneapolis. Not sure if they have offices in NY?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it's through CCS. But my plan is to pay them all up within the next 3 months.

Message 7 of 8
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Welcome.

One has access to a tremendous amount of information on this board.

Time heals all credit.

1 card per 6 months is what I recommend.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.