Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Kohls card after settlement

tag
Bellasmom15
New Contributor

New Kohls card after settlement

I recently settled with kohls on a charge off from 2016. They told me to wait a little bit after it was satisfied to try and apply again. About 3 weeks after it was all settled, I decided to give it a try and was approved. 

Does anyone know if the new card will supercede the old account that lists charge off? Or will I have 2 separate tradelines from kohls once the new one hits my credit report? I'm hoping the new card will kind of overwrite the old one, much like what happened when I got approved for credit one after settlement. But that may have just been a kind gesture from credit one so I'm not holding my breath. 

Thankfully I'm in a better place financially and have learned a lot from past mistakes. The only things holding me down now are the kohls tradeline with charge off and the negative tradelines from my original student loan servicer before I rehabbed them. 

Any insight is much appreciated 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Re: New Kohls card after settlement

It will be a new account.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Never heard of such a thing.

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You will have the CO account and the new account on your CRs. The one from 2016 will drop off 7-7.5 yrs from the that accounts DoFD. Cap-1 issues these cards and their policy is no new cards till one year post CO of an older card, with yours being back in 16 you were just fine to app. Grats on getting the new account!!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 Capital One CC charge offs on my account totalling over $9,000. They are from 2018. Now it's 2021 and they just gave me a $500 card a month ago. They all show up on my credit report. Go figure.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and congrats! Right now I'm dealing with the same. I have a CO from kohls and planning to payoff or settle. How did you negotiated with them? Did they mailed you an offer or did you call or sent them a letter? I'm also receiving letters from a collection company about the same account, offering me to settle for 50% but so far no collection on my CR only the CO from kohls. Any advice would be appreciated 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.