cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Member here. Started my journey this year. Need a little advice about Credit One.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Member here. Started my journey this year. Need a little advice about Credit One.

Hey guys. Brand new member. Love the boards, it has helped tremendously. Things I have accomplished so far: 2 c/off deletions, over 10 collection accounts deleted, and addresses and work history corrected and purged.

One charge off trade line remains between me and a clean score (that I know of). Credit One is reporting a charge off to all 3 cras. All are consistent. It's about two and a half years old. It's sold to LVNV funding. They have not been contacted. 300 initial credit limit. Charged off at 590. Mistakes were made as a younger guy. I tried a generic dispute with both through cras to hope for a miracle but they were verified. What's the best way to attack this debt? I've heard of people emailing credit one corporate office and getting trade lines deleted. But I want to work it out anyway possible whether it's PFD LVNV and gw credit one or any other method you think would work.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Member here. Started my journey this year. Need a little advice about Credit One.

Credit one is difficult to work with.  Try asking to PFD for a while, and if that doesn't work then just pat it and GW them to death.  Even if they keep saying no, you have done great so far.  Open up a few CCs, try Cap One prequal or go get some secured cards, to reestablish a positive credit history going forward.  After some time of positive credit use, that charge off will lose some of its bite. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.