Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New: My Progress Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New

I spoke with 2 collections agency's today.

Phoenix Financial- They will settle for less but not delete. They will delete if full balance is paid. They don't send verification of the PFD though. She said it will take 30-45 days for it to delete. She told me I could simply google search and I'll find out that they do in fact delete. It's only $197 so I'm going to call and pay it tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed. 

RMP- I have 4 accounts with them. They will combine the accounts and settle for 30% less. The gentleman said they don't PFD at all. I'm thinking I should call back and ask to speak with a supervisor. Will they eventually agree to PFD and is 30% off a good settlement? 

Message 71 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

For $197 and a PFD, I wouldn't be able to pay them in full fast enough. Definitely do that. For the other, it never hurts to ask to be escalated. You may find someone higher up can/will do it - the frontline CSRs may not be allowed. If it's a matter of PIF for delete or settle for no delete, it's a no-brainer. Get them deleted.

Message 72 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid two collections in full today. Neither said they send any verification of an agreed PFD but they both said the will within 30-45 days. It'll be awesome if they both delete. These are the only 2 I have left to remove on EQ. 

Phoenix Finanacial (Medical, Showing on all 3 bureaus) $197

ARS (Medical, Showing only on EQ) $28

Wish me luck! 

Message 73 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid two collections in full today. Neither said they send any verification of an agreed PFD but they both said the will within 30-45 days. It'll be awesome if they both delete. These are the only 2 I have left to remove on EQ. 

Phoenix Finanacial (Medical, Showing on all 3 bureaus) $197

ARS (Medical, Showing only on EQ) $28

Wish me luck! 

If the $28 is what was the original balance reported to Collections, I have some vague recollection that $50 is the threshold for being allowed to go to collections. I don't remember the term. Nuisance maybe. If it's the original balance, you can legally contest it as illegal/disallowed to be reported, for that matter, to have been sold to collections. 🙏🏻

Message 74 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news this morning! 
EB1D6739-C905-4E5A-A4A0-96863D442707.jpeg

Message 75 of 113
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, that's awesome; any data points on the CLI?

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 76 of 113
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@Anonymous, that's awesome; any data points on the CLI?

Yes please DPs. I'm hoping i can get to the with my capital one card. Congratulations!

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 77 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

No data points yet. I also had all 3 of my CC's show zero balance this month. My EX dropped 23 points. No biggie but good thing I'm not shopping for a loan this month! 

Message 78 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, my EX Fico 8 went down 23. I'm sure it'll bounce back up next month once my report goes back to AZEO. 

My silly Credit Karma shows my TU vantage going +5 to 699. I'm sure my real TU Fico 8 dropped as well. 

I'm curious to see what my Fico 8 does once my CC relects report a small balance next month and the removal of the 2 collections I paid. Assuming the do PFD like they said.

Good things happening for me. Thanks for everyone! 

Message 79 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phoenix collection was removed from all my reports. All are reflecting my CLI also. Things are looking up even though it's just a vantage. 

41205860-052A-4091-893A-72359FC3B4B3.png

Message 80 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.