Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Problem

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Problem

I just checked my fico and noticed that it took a hit this month from an electric provider. Planing on paying this provider off by the end of the month however I want to get this completely removed from my CR. The original date of default was on 08/10 due to my divorce I'm going through now. What steps do I need to take? I have an idea of calling the electric provider and informing them that I plan to PIF however I do need this removed from my credit report immediately however I want to ensure that this matter is resolved and about how long should it take if they agree?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
britishbooklady
Regular Contributor

Re: New Problem

Did they send you any sort of notice prior to posting to your credit report? 

Starting Score: EX: 661, EQ: 662, TU: 694 [Lender Pull 12/30/2010]
Current Score: EX: 665, EQ: 680, TU: 710
Goal Score: EX: 750+, EQ: 750+, TU: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011
Message 2 of 4
tray
Valued Contributor

It usually takes 30 to 60 days to update with the credit agencies, I have had in the past bad accounts removed off my credit report although I had one collection agency send in a request for removal and the next day it was removed off my EX report when I checked.  All I can say is EX is the quickest for updating accounts and reporting

I would see if you can do a pfd and explain your current situation tell them you really need this help.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never got any letter and I checked their website and my account is still open on their website too. I am going to call them and find out what's going on? I want this removed asap.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.