Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and Seeking all help possible

tag
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

New and Seeking all help possible

Hi all,

I have decided to join this forum after considering my credit situation and since I've decided to take control of my finances. I read a few posts last week and was very delighted to hear and see come credit issues resolve on one's own without paying huge amount of dollars. I never realized my credit was that bad until I've decided to purchase a home and had to pull my report and scores :-). I knew I had some judgments that were paid, some collections and a few late payments, but didn't know it would affect my scores so drastically. Right away I purchased the Suze Oman Kit, and started disputing somethings on my report. I don't think the kit is quite worth it though. I am very disappointed. At least, I am not alone in trying to resolve my issues. I was told last week by one CC agency that it would cause me $949.00 for one year to clean up my report, and I should start seeing changes in 45 days, but I really didn't want to throw all that money down the drawn, so I'm gonna learn from your experiences and try to solve this on my own. So please say a prayer for me. I am currently paying off my credit card bills and collection depts and my scores as of 6/16/08 were 548/577/498. A week ago, a realtor pulled my credit and provided these scores 521, 543, 572. Now, I'm so frustrated. I'm shooting for the high 600s. Do you think I can do it with all your help??
6/20/08 TU=553 EQ=577 EX=458
07/16/08 TU=599 EQ=621 EX= 556
8/05/08 TU=632 EQ=652 EX=598, 9/30/08 TU=632 EQ=655 EX=616
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New and Seeking all help possible

YES YOU CAN!!!!!!...all things are possible....through hard work...and determination...it's good thing you are paying CC's...if they are current CC's...or if they are COs...in which you are paying the OC...not the CA...that can hep a lot...as for the collections...make sure you are trying to do a PFD...

If you have already paid...send them a GW letter...ASAP...asking them to stop reporting...and delete collections...from the CRAs...

Have you gotten you free reports yet...for the year...if not...GET THEM!!!...they will have all the info you need to start...to my knowledge...the myFICO...and Suze Orman reports...don't show all the collection account info you need...

www.annualcreditreport.com

Maybe you should post your accounts on here...to get more personal help...do you have any open accounts???...
Message 2 of 17
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Thanks Slyhouse. The encouragement is really helping. I think I exhausted my free report limit some time last year, so I'll have to wait. I have taken the time out to post a summary of my accounts from all 3 CRAs. See below. I'm going to start with some DV & GWs. Let me know what I can do based on the below. Thanks!

TU/553

CitibankCO – Sold (Judgment in court, not yet on Report)

WM/PROV CO – Sold – Paid in full(Judgment on report)

TXU Energy – CO Paid in full 5/2/08. Spoke to CSR over phone ask to delete for payment, but they refused.

Honda Finance – Paid off, but few lates

Gateway – Paid off but few lates

Macys – Paid off 1 30 day late

Asset Accept for Citibank – 2301 (sued by attorney. Judgment received)

Rjm Acq Llc for Black Expressions = $102 (newly reported)

Nco- Medclr" for fire dept-Med bill = $432 (newly reported)

CalvaryPort for AT&T = $93 (received settlement offer for $46)

Midland Cr for MCI = $754

Riddle Assoc for DTV =$148

Allied Int for DTV =$148

5 judgments listed when it should only be 3 judgments. All judgments paid (Public Records)

EQ/577

Citibank - $1615 (account still open 1 60 dy & 1 90 dy

CitiFinancial = $2,145 (CO, this is the same account as above)

Aac for Citibank =  $2,400 (listed as open coll acct, same account)

Honda Finance – Paid off, but few lates ( 2 X 60 dys 3/06 & 11Xs 30 dys)

Gateway – Paid off (listed as inactive, 7 time 30dy & 1 60 dy late 2003)

Macys = 30 days late

2 times (Aug 2006, Nov 2005)

Collections

CHASE= CO / Collection

TXU Energy – CO Paid in full 5/2/08. Spoke to CSR over phone ask to delete for payment, but they refused.

2 judgments listed.

EX/458

Macys = 2 times (Aug 2006, Nov 2005)

Gateway = 6 times (Nov 2003, Jan 2003 & 1 time 30 dy 2003)

Chase = CO $2,264

WM/Prov = CO

Asset Accpt for Citibank = $2,422 (Judgment filed)

Midland Cr for MCI = $754 /CO or coll

TXU Energy – CO Paid in full 5/2/08. Spoke to CSR over phone ask to delete for pymt, but they refused.

Honda = $0 Bal. Acct open 2 Xs 30 dy Mar 2006, Feb 2006) & 10 times 30 day

Collections

Rjm Acq Llc for Black Expressions = $102 (newly reported)

Nco- Medclr" for fire dept-Med bill = $432 (newly reported)

CalvaryPort for AT&T = $93 (received settlement offer for $46)

NCO for DTV = $148

4 judgments listed. (1 duplicate)

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you get you reports last year...you should be able to get new ones...all 3 are free...every year...couple of questions...

1. What is the DOFD on these account???...
2. Are the SOLD COs reporting a $0 balance???...
3. What is your SOL???...you definitely don't need anymore judgments

I know for sure RJM Acquisitions...will do a PFD...I recently did one with them...I would CALL them...and tell them to send you a PFD letter...and pay them ASAP...I did mine over the phone...and it worked great...I'm not sure you should DV all your collections...usually that's what leads to judgments....and you don't need that...which collection accounts..you know are yours...reporting correctly...and you are willing to PFD???... the ones you know are correct...send them a PFD letter...sorry you have to deal with Midland...I've read horror stories about them...

1. You need to send DV letters to Riddle Assoc. and Applied...to see who owns the debt...is this 2 CAs reporting the same debt???...or two different debts???...
2. With Calvary???...are they agreeing to delete...or do they just want to update it as paid???...is they are not saying deletion...offer them the payment IN FULL...in exchange for DELETION...
3. I had a medical bill from NCO Medclear...they are REALLY bad with validation....I disputed with the CRAs...and it was deleted...but I don't know you case...
4. Send TXU a GW letter...to their credit reporting department...asking/begging for removal...
5. GW all closed accounts...that show lates...
6. Copy the report...with the duplicate judgment...highlight the duplicate...and fax or mail...to the CRAs...asking for removal...
7. Try your HARDEST to get the judgments vacated...what do you mean...there are 5...but supposed to be 3???...

I know this is a lot...but you have a lot of work to do...and YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help and don't know the best place to post this question. I found out that one of the things hurting my score was the number of accounts. I have 47 listed but only 11 with balances. All the others are either closed accounts or paid off loans. All but one was paid on time. Would it be a good idea to try to get the old accounts taken off my report (if even possible) or just ride them out and let them fall off as they normally would. Can anyone help?
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who/what said the number of accounts was hurting your score?

I ask this question because non-FICO scores often get bees in their bonnets that FICO does not.
Message 6 of 17
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Wow Slyhouse...you are really on top of your game and I really appreciate you help on this. Please see my responses below. If you get you reports last year...you should be able to get new ones...all 3 are free...every year...couple of questions... Ok. I'll give it about 30-60 days before I try again 1. What is the DOFD on these account???... Around 1999 & 2002 2. Are the SOLD COs reporting a $0 balance???... some $0 and some full amount but CO. 3. What is your SOL???...you definitely don't need anymore judgments. It's New York. I really don't anymore. I agree that's why I'm trying to avoid this one. I know for sure RJM Acquisitions...will do a PFD...I recently did one with them...I would CALL them...and tell them to send you a PFD letter...and pay them ASAP...I did mine over the phone...and it worked great...I'm not sure you should DV all your collections...usually that's what leads to judgments....and you don't need that...which collection accounts..you know are yours...reporting correctly...and you are willing to PFD???... the ones you know are correct...send them a PFD letter...sorry you have to deal with Midland...I've read horror stories about them... RJM is new on my report. I really want to DV this one because I did report to the book club that I didn't receive the books. I'll also contact the book club. As for midland, I spoke to them years ago and they tried telling over the phone that the dept was valid. MCI tried to scam me of $500 and I just let it be, but now it hurts because they're saying I owe them $754. I'll try the DV letter on this one first also. 1. You need to send DV letters to Riddle Assoc. and Applied...to see who owns the debt...is this 2 CAs reporting the same debt???...or two different debts???... Will do. They're the same debt 2. With Calvary???...are they agreeing to delete...or do they just want to update it as paid???...is they are not saying deletion...offer them the payment IN FULL...in exchange for DELETION... No offer of deletion, just a settlement. I'll send them a PFD letter. 3. I had a medical bill from NCO Medclear...they are REALLY bad with validation....I disputed with the CRAs...and it was deleted...but I don't know you case... I'm not sure where this came from so I'll have to DV this one. It was just listed two months ago. 4. Send TXU a GW letter...to their credit reporting department...asking/begging for removal... Will do. 5. GW all closed accounts...that show lates...Will do. Should I ask them to delete the account, or would they remove all the delinquencies? 6. Copy the report...with the duplicate judgment...highlight the duplicate...and fax or mail...to the CRAs...asking for removal... I did this two days ago, so I'll give them 30 days to hear back from them. 7. Try your HARDEST to get the judgments vacated...what do you mean...there are 5...but supposed to be 3???... I can only get the open judgment vacated when I go to court. I meant there should only be 3 paid judgments on my report, but it was showing 5 (two were duplicated). I know this is a lot...but you have a lot of work to do...and YOU CAN DO IT!!! Well it is a lot, and thanks for your help. I can't do it without your help and the help of God, so I'll hang in there.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the DOFDs on these accounts...are 199-2002...I would leave them alone....especially the ones from 1999-2001...they will be falling off soon...and if the DOFD on some are...1999-2000...they should be off already...no need to go through the hassel...that's why you need the reports...directly from the CRAs...EX and TU will show the drop off date...you can even look on the past reports...for the DOFD and the drop off date...baddies fall off...7-7.5 years...from the DOFD...

DO NOT CALL THE CA...they will try to trick you...to slip up and say something...that they can hold against you...deal with RJM...they are good...but contact the OC first...to see what's going on...if you don't know where the NCO Medclear came from...dispute with the CRAs first...if it comes back verified...send them the DV letter...but maybe you should use the Hipaa Process

www.whychat.5u.com

On the closed accounts...DO NOT...ask for removal...just ask for the lates to be removed....getting the entire TL removed...WILL hurt your history...and your scores...
Message 8 of 17
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Good evening SlyHouse08...

Excuse me for sounding ignorant, but, what does it mean to get a judgement vacated, and, how is it done? I have 2, 1 paid and 1 that I'm working on.  Also, if I was to try to get them vacated, do you know how that would work since I live in NC, and the judgements all took place in NJ?  Thanx in advance for your advice

Message Edited by nmorton79 on 06-19-2008 09:14 PM
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 9 of 17
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Hey Slyhouse,

Thanks for the info. I had to learn a bit about SOL. I'm in NY so I guess that would be 6 years from the DOFD. Correct? I have a question though, it says 6 years for written contracts and 6 for open accounts. What is the difference between open accounts and written contracts? I ordered a 3 in on report from truecredit. So now I have a clearer understanding. Looks like the DOFD I gave you before were incorrect. Two of my accounts were placed on my report while I was living in TX. I am now living in NY. What SOL will those fall under? Here's a little table of what I'm seeing on the reports. Hope its clear. Less letters for me to write then? :-)

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.