Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and need help

tag
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: New and need help

Just stick around here and read a LOT. You will be a credit expert and have good credit. Lots of nice and smart people here.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, as previously stated, each time you decide to refinance your loan it becomes a brand new loan (account). This will then show a new account on your credit reports.  Sorry to say but there is nothing you can really do about that except to not refinance anymore. If you feel that any of the late payments were not late, those you can dispute, but only if you are sure that the payments were not late.

While technically you can dispute any items on your credit report that you feel are inaccurate, remember that the company has 30 days to provide proof that the item in dispute is correctly reported.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not worried about the accounts. Im writing GW letters for a lot of them. I already talked to 2 different ones and they said they would permanetly delete them. I am calling a few to talk to them about forgiving the collection completely. ( its happened before... i kinda have good luck like that) however... I need to get rid of credit inquires lol

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeffery581 wrote:

Just stick around here and read a LOT. You will be a credit expert and have good credit. Lots of nice and smart people here.

+1 That is exactly what happened to me.

Message 14 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I pay for Experian FICO and can pull my report whenever.

It's not clear what specific product you're using.  A FICO 8 (or multiple FICO 8's) is a feature of several different products from Experian.  In any case, make sure you're also reviewing your Equifax and TransUnion reports.

@Anonymous wrote:
There's a bunch of those closed accounts reporting potentially negative when it's PAID OFF.

Paid off doesn't mean that it can't be negative.  You'll need to see what you can do to remove the negatives.  Definitely make use of the Rebuilding subforum.

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I've noticed its reporting 18 accounts (4open - 12closed). 

That doesn't add up.

@Anonymous wrote:
I refinanced a few loans a couple times and they are reporting every time (can't I have them taken off if they were the same account- never closed, never late and open for longer then 18 months before refinanced). 

If you refinance they're not the same account.  When you refinance you're opening a new account and closing the old.  Make sure you understand these things and their impacts versus just assuming that these are detrimental.  You can't do anything about them at this point.  They are reporting properly and whatever impact they have is done.

@Anonymous wrote:

My score are all close to 600 ( They are ranging from 560-575) but I have entirely to many inquiries on my reports. I think that's another thing killing me. 

Inquiries are a small factor.  However, they can have a bigger impact on those with thin credit profiles and/or profiles with issues.  Your credit profile is your problem.  Impact of the inquiries is just a symptom.  Your derogs have the biggest impact and are holding you back.  Focus on addressing them.  For FICO scoring keep the standard factors and their relative weights in mind.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

Your derogs are killing your Payment History.  You need to work to get to where you have 100% positive Payment History because of its impact.  Do whatever it takes to avoid lates and other derogs in future.  Make sure you're budgeting and sticking to it.  Don't spend what you don't have.  If autopay would be of benefit to you then use it to ensure that you're at least covered for your minimums by their due dates.

@Anonymous wrote:
There's one I have no idea what it is just says Legally paid in full for less then orginal balance. (I can dispute that right).

I'd suggest carefully researching first.  It's not always obvious what an account is on a report as it may report a bit differently than what you might expect.  It could be fraudulent but you have to determine that.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have like 8 disputes submitted right now.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been working on my budget all day. Using the "Snowball Method" from Dave Ramsey, paying the minimum and paying off the smallest debt to the largest. in 6 months i will have over $8k paid off (including 1 credit card that the company closed without telling me. I called them and they said it was because I didnt pay but they never reported late and I was paying) I pulled my FICO report from Experian but it didnt have my score on it. I have Credit Check and ID monitor on USAA and it was reporting my experian score at 585. I have made sure to make all payments on time and im throwing whatever extra I can at my debt. Im learning and slowly fixing what I was doing wrong in the past. Once I have my loans paid off and once I have all derogs and the bad stuff gone, it will NEVER come back. 

Message 17 of 19
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im not worried about the accounts. Im writing GW letters for a lot of them. I already talked to 2 different ones and they said they would permanetly delete them. I am calling a few to talk to them about forgiving the collection completely. ( its happened before... i kinda have good luck like that) however... I need to get rid of credit inquires lol

ha ha... that is the easiest mission - time will take care of that automatically Smiley Happy  - Good luck with your other missions and this is an excellent way to overcome the boring gardening time ..it will keep you busy while waiting for the inq to fall off !

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, you don't. Inquiries are the LEAST damaging thing on your reports and they lose all of their score effect after 12 months, and they disappear entirely after 24 months.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.