Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New card approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New card approval

So, I will be 2 years Post BK come January 2020.

I have not done much rebuilding. 

Paying off an unaffirmed auto title loan (Approx $3200 left), which should be paid off within 12 months or so. No rush for me. 

On a whim, I decided to apply for an HSN account (Synchrony) this morning, and I had to call in the app to finalize. I have been a victim of identifty theft for years, so I have a one of those credit freeze/statements on my credit reports listed. Anytime I apply anywhere I have to follow up. I never get an immediate answer. Happened with NFCU and C1B. 

So I call, and since I had previously burned Synchrony in BK, I feared the worst......WELL!!!! They approved me for $1900!!!!!! hOLY CRAP!!!

I know, it's still not an actual installment loan, but I'm not sure I am ready to apply for one. I wanted to try and take one out to pay off my title loan that I did not reaffirm, but was advised against it on a previous post here. Maybe I'll take out a small loan for Xmas gifts and pay it off that way? I could easily do it......Either way... YAY!!!! I never thought they would let me back in! I Had a few cards with them... Baby steps right? Smiley Happy

Current open accounts:

NFCU MC: Opened in May of this year, owe about $1200, Will be paid off within the next 3 or so months (waiting for a large retro check that is owed to us at work to come in). Even without that check doesn't come in, I've budgeted to pay it off in full by February of 2020.

Credit One Bank Visa: Opened Oct. 2018. Owe $120. Will pay off next billing cycle. Used it this month for daughter's medical emergency after having zero balance for 6 months. 

Living Spaces (Sychnrony) Authorized User: Sister added me to her account to HELP me get some credit going. This was my first new account, August of 2018 I believe. I paid off $3k at the start of this year in less than 6 months. Zero balance since February. 

Last time I checked all 3 credit scores was 8/26/2019:

Experian: 623

Equifax: 649

Transunion: 611

Credit Karma as of today is saying: 

Transunion:  693 (Dropped 3 points due to that hard inquiry this morning)

Equifax: 716

NFCU: is reporting 684

4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: New card approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 5
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval though they may move this to Approvals I want you to be careful going off of Credit Karma since those are Vantage Scores not FICO.    Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Rebuilding approvals usually stay here.

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Congrats on your approval though they may move this to Approvals I want you to be careful going off of Credit Karma since those are Vantage Scores not FICO.    Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I will be 2 years Post BK come January 2020.

I have not done much rebuilding. 

Paying off an unaffirmed auto title loan (Approx $3200 left), which should be paid off within 12 months or so. No rush for me. 

On a whim, I decided to apply for an HSN account (Synchrony) this morning, and I had to call in the app to finalize. I have been a victim of identifty theft for years, so I have a one of those credit freeze/statements on my credit reports listed. Anytime I apply anywhere I have to follow up. I never get an immediate answer. Happened with NFCU and C1B. 

So I call, and since I had previously burned Synchrony in BK, I feared the worst......WELL!!!! They approved me for $1900!!!!!! hOLY CRAP!!!

I know, it's still not an actual installment loan, but I'm not sure I am ready to apply for one. I wanted to try and take one out to pay off my title loan that I did not reaffirm, but was advised against it on a previous post here. Maybe I'll take out a small loan for Xmas gifts and pay it off that way? I could easily do it......Either way... YAY!!!! I never thought they would let me back in! I Had a few cards with them... Baby steps right? Smiley Happy

Current open accounts:

NFCU MC: Opened in May of this year, owe about $1200, Will be paid off within the next 3 or so months (waiting for a large retro check that is owed to us at work to come in). Even without that check doesn't come in, I've budgeted to pay it off in full by February of 2020. Whats the credit limit on the card?

Credit One Bank Visa: Opened Oct. 2018. Owe $120. Will pay off next billing cycle. Used it this month for daughter's medical emergency after having zero balance for 6 months. Same question.

Living Spaces (Sychnrony) Authorized User: Sister added me to her account to HELP me get some credit going. This was my first new account, August of 2018 I believe. I paid off $3k at the start of this year in less than 6 months. Zero balance since February. 

Last time I checked all 3 credit scores was 8/26/2019:

Experian: 623

Equifax: 649

Transunion: 611

Credit Karma as of today is saying: 

Transunion:  693 (Dropped 3 points due to that hard inquiry this morning)

Equifax: 716

NFCU: is reporting 684

Please list your credit lines with the balances you owe. Congrats on the HSN. In time try Disco pre-qual. You should be higher soon after 3rd card reports. Check CU's for rebuilders loans. In the mean time. Dont charge anything unless you can pay it off each month. (Emergencies dont apply)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.