Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New credit cards

I have a score range now of 592, 594, 594 from my USAA credit monitoring and 602,606 from credit karma. I need to get it to the mid 600's before I start the process of buying a house and would like that to be around Christmas. Would openening two more credit cards help my credit? I only have on secured CC right now. Would the bank looking to give me a mortgage see this negatively?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New credit cards

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a score range now of 592, 594, 594 from my USAA credit monitoring and 602,606 from credit karma. I need to get it to the mid 600's before I start the process of buying a house and would like that to be around Christmas. Would openening two more credit cards help my credit? I only have on secured CC right now. Would the bank looking to give me a mortgage see this negatively?

You need 3 open CCs to help drive your Fico and the rule of thumb is no new credit 6 months prior to a mortgage pull but in your case you need the cards, I would open them ASAP even if they have to be secured. Might try getting into NFCU if you are serving or have served. CK scores are FAKO dont know what USAA gives but Ficos are the ones that matter and more to the point Fico Mortgage Score Model.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a app spree applied for two different capital ones a USAA and two amazon cards only approved for one of the capital ones. I will do a NFCU and penfed
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I did a app spree applied for two different capital ones a USAA and two amazon cards only approved for one of the capital ones. I will do a NFCU and penfed

Ya, Cap-1 changed their rules only 1 new card in a 6 mo period of time.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

should have researched that before Smiley Sad well penfed denied me but navy federal approved me for $2,900!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.