Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New guy with problems I don't know how do handle

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New guy with problems I don't know how do handle

How is everyone doing? I've been reading this forum for a little while now and finally decided to get an account. I've been trying to get my credit taken care of since my wife and I started looking for a home. While trying to clear a few things up, I did a follow up on a few accounts. One was HSBC over a credit card that I was trying to get paid, reaged, and reissued. When I called, they said that they sold my account and gave me the number of the company they sold it to. I called and they searched their database and told me that there was no record of the account. Next I called about a past cable bill that went past due when I left the state. The lady at the CA told me that the only thing of mine attached to the account was my room number and the social security number was not mine. I think they input it wrong because it was off by 1 number. What should I do in these situations?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New guy with problems I don't know how do handle

*slight nudge to the top*
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New guy with problems I don't know how do handle

Send DVs to the collection agencies that show these accounts on your credit report. Be sure to get a credit report from the CRA directly so you have the most accurate addresses. If they can't find these, chances are they will just be removed from the credit reports.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.