Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here and... hello!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New here and... hello!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has contributed their knowledge here. I've been reading like crazy the last 2 weeks and feel like I'm learning more than I've learned looking elsewhere on the net.

Our story (my huband and I) is that we just paid cash for everything and didn't ever check our credit scores cause we didn't understand the importance of it. Now we are wanting to buy a home next year so I've been reading, learning, finally checking our reports and trying to make up for lost time 😩
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New here and... hello!

Welcome, ScoreJunkie. :-)

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome!🤗 You will learn so much here and get great advice! Good Luck on your new journey!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! 😊
Message 4 of 12
EW800
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the community! As you have already noticed, there is a tremendous amount of great information here and many contributors that are very supportive. Hope you will jump in wherever you feel comfortable!
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 12
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

Welcome! I too have learned to much in the few months I've been here. 😊

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone ☺
Message 7 of 12
Gypsy2
Valued Member

I’m in the same boat....rebuilding Smiley Happy
So happy I found this forum!!
Message 8 of 12
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has contributed their knowledge here. I've been reading like crazy the last 2 weeks and feel like I'm learning more than I've learned looking elsewhere on the net.

Our story (my huband and I) is that we just paid cash for everything and didn't ever check our credit scores cause we didn't understand the importance of it. Now we are wanting to buy a home next year so I've been reading, learning, finally checking our reports and trying to make up for lost time 😩

Welcome to the forums! 

There is is a lot of information to take in here. However it’s going make you so savvy that you’ll be able to call out the nonsense when you see it. Gotta love the mortgage area, too! Purchasing a home is petty daunting, but you’ll be well prepared going into it with the knowledge here. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 9 of 12
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Welcome, and you're definitely right, no other place offers the amount of info you will learn here.😁

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.