cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here (kind of)...need some suggestions...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New here (kind of)...need some suggestions...

Hi all! I was here a couple of years ago when I first graduated college and was trying to buy a car. Well, my credit report is still disasterous and I'm just not sure where to start. I have $30K in student loans currently being deffered (not terribly worried about that at the moment). I did finally get a car (my boyfriend co-signed) and that loan is in good standing. My biggest issue by far would be the numerous collection accounts on my report. I have 10-12 collection accounts ranging from $50 to $800 dollars (most are under $200).

On these smaller ones, I can mostly afford to pay-in-full. But, I'm wondering if they would go for PFD? Are most CA's willing to do a PFD for an account that is less than $200 or even less than $100? I honestly just don't know.Some of these are for medical bills, but if it's less than $200 and I can afford to PIF then I don't mind doing so if it'll get it off of my report. But, from what I remember there are some other steps involved for medical bills?

Another issue is charter cable. What a nightmare! They have two inaccurate charges on my report. Both are for unreturned equipment that was actually returned. I've gone around and around with them for YEARS on this. Anyone else had issues with them?

Thanks for any suggestions! I really want to start working on this. My bf and I are talking about getting married and I really want to have a clean credit report first (he knows that my credit is in pretty bad shape due to a previous divorce). Also looking to possibly start a small business in about 3-5 years and need to have a clean report for that as well.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.