Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here!

tag
Gypsy2
Valued Member

New here!

I am in the process of rebuilding....I didn’t do anything at all, credit wise, for about 10 years....went in to finance a vehicle and had NO score😱
Got a secured card and suddenly a score popped up! But, it’s LOW...
Equ/607 trans/605 exp/599
So, here I am! I’m so happy I found y’all!! I’m thankful to have a place to go for help & encouragementSmiley Happy
I had NO clue what I was doing, so I opened 7 cards....all with low limits 😬 I now see that’s a no-no. I am paying them down to under 10% in the next 5 months....this should get interesting! Score stimulator says doing that will put me in the 680-700 range👍🏻 I’m still learning!😊
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New here!

I personally don’t see a problem with opening multiple cards at a time. Escp if there are cards that can grow with you the next 15-20 years. I believe it’s huge to have a foundation to build off of. To each their own.

Best wishes! 😊
Message 2 of 21
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

You just need to use them responsibility and not get over your head.  Keep reading the forums and get into good habits. Good and great FICO scores are in your future. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already 7? wow, what are they?

Message 4 of 21
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Welcome, glad you joined. You will definitely learn a ton of info here. Don't worry about opening so many, just means you need to sit in the garden awhile, and grow your cards. Also warning, this place can get you in trouble too, if you don't have the greatest self control 😁😉

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 5 of 21
Gypsy2
Valued Member

How do I add my cards at the bottom like everybody else has? I would love to share!😊
Message 6 of 21
Gypsy2
Valued Member

Thank you!🤗
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gypsy2 wrote:
How to I add my cards at the bottom like everybody else has? I would love to share!😊

Welcome, and I agree with brandon, a good foundation to build on is better than a weak one. Once you reach the rank of "member" you will be able to add html to your signature. The editing is under settings. 

Message 8 of 21
Gypsy2
Valued Member

Awesome! Thank you!😊
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gypsy2 wrote:
How do I add my cards at the bottom like everybody else has? I would love to share!😊

Check here https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/bd-p/smorgasboard

although you will need to post more before you can use those features.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.